• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Since I got gout it shoots down that theory. Hamburger casseroles, BLT's, soup, spam.
Brother-in-law has had gout issues for years. They always told him is was his propensity for beer... lots of beer. He still drinks lots of beer and still has gout problems. The gout can usually be controlled with some sort of medication he takes. He works with a crew of block-layers... at 60 years old... and has arms the size of adult elephant trunks.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Shot a 43/46 at Savannah Lakes - Tara Club in the last tunamint of the year. Broke 90 for the 1st time all year and even won C flight! Tough course and the only thing that saved me was my short game.
Nice round, Doc!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Only got to play once, this weekend, due to family commitments. 38/38 = 76 this morning. I'll certainly take it. The driver and irons were doing everything I could ask. Really, though, some disappointment. Had three... THREE birdie putts lip out. One of those did the old "U-turn" trick. Should have dropped.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Played yesterday oat Old Fort Golf Club. Hidden gem IMO (will be adding it to the play rotation).

38/39 for a fairly tidy 77. 30 putts.

Mid 80's all day and had drizzle/rain the first 3 holes. Rain went away and the weather was beautiful after.

Took the '04 Big Bertha's out and they performed well, my boy should really like them. Basically point and shoot irons. Makes one wonder about the new Cally offerings....hmmm.

Last edited:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Shot 46 on the second nine yesterday and 46/43 = 89 today with two birds on the back nine. Might be starting to get my game back. Hope to keep this going until the snow flies.

In Wisconsin, that's like next week, right?

Our last tunamint of the season was Saturday, and it was still 90+°F and 80% humidity. I'm going to suggest that we change our season to September thru May.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Really disappointed, Sunday, as we played. Beautiful morning!! Upper 60's temperatures and mid-80's predicted as highs for the day. Just about as perfect a day for golf as one could imagine.

We played as a three. Had one two in a cart behind us, but those were the only folks we saw while playing the front. As we made the turn, probably saw no more than 6 total cars in the parking lot. Pro shop said they had something like 7 tee times reserved for the entire day.

I understand some folks put the clubs in the closet after Labor Day. I understand some folks prefer the recliner with NFL football over a round of golf. I understand some may be hung over on Sunday from Saturday NCAA football events. Yet, it is a testament to how this great Game's interest is diminishing when nice courses go begging for players on beautiful fall days.

Participation on Shot Talk has diminished. PaPaD says FGI, another golf discussion board is shutting down. I've noticed the posts on a couple of other golf boards are lagging. If we depended on 100% golf posts on Shot Talk we would have faded out some time ago. Hopefully, the posts that result in calling each other "di**s" and "a**es", etc. continue because that's what keeps ups coming back... evidently not the golf.

The "digital age" has allowed a generation to evolve where no one talks or communicates anymore. Geo-caching, chasing Pokémon, and spending time on a treadmill where you can remain glued to your digital device have far overtaken actual participating in person-to-person activities. People are getting married, today, who have probably not ever held a verbal conversation. They have met on-line and communicated only by digital device. My cart partner has encountered my wrath when he can't leave his cell in the car and has to check it each time there is a text or e-mail during a round. It's not that the texts are emergency issues. Most of the time it is either one of his kids texting that a grandkid burped, farted, or filled his/her pants. Yet, if he doesn't respond to each of these immediately, his wife and daughters will begin calling assuming he is near death's door.

We may well be some of the last who have played and supported this great Game. The generation of "couch potatoes" won't be the retired and aged. It will be the young, obese, and lazy!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts