• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
If'n I didn't 'drivel' when I's eatin', they wouldn't be no laundry fer the washer machine to do. Ain't got needs to change underwear... even when I's do wears it. Toenail fungus eats the toes outta my socks afore they needs washin'. Jeans easier to slip in and outta when the legs get stiffer longer I ain't washin' them. So's if'n the oatmeal drivels down the front a my wife-beater shirt, they's a reason to do some Maytaggin'. Course, when it leaks through to the chest hair, stuff sets up like concrete an' pulls like heck tryin' to get the comb through.
You're a nasty old fugger.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
If'n I didn't 'drivel' when I's eatin', they wouldn't be no laundry fer the washer machine to do. Ain't got needs to change underwear... even when I's do wears it. Toenail fungus eats the toes outta my socks afore they needs washin'. Jeans easier to slip in and outta when the legs get stiffer longer I ain't washin' them. So's if'n the oatmeal drivels down the front a my wife-beater shirt, they's a reason to do some Maytaggin'. Course, when it leaks through to the chest hair, stuff sets up like concrete an' pulls like heck tryin' to get the comb through.
That is so descriptive, he might not be kidding...................

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Frost delay, yesterday. Heavy frost. When I'm home only on weekends, it's difficult to convince myself to wait out a frost delay and have the wife peeved at me the rest of the weekend. Course opened at 10 a.m. yesterday. That means we would have been out there until, probably, 1 p.m. Too long.
Went back out this morning. More frost. They thought the course would get open around 9:30. Again, just not patient enough to wait it out. A weekend without golf is like.... Well, it IS November.
I plan to head back home from SD on Thursday afternoon, this week. Not going back up there until the Monday after Thanksgiving. SIL and I plan on playing next Friday. Depending on frost, would have a chance to play next weekend. The wife will be working the days before Thanksgiving. I'll have a host of honey-do jobs since the boy and his family are going to be here Thanksgiving and the Friday/Saturday after. Weather permitting, will try to play on those weekdays before Thanksgiving.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
37/38 today. Scored well but it didn't feel good. Was scrambling on almost every hole. Pushed drive, pulled drive, chunked chip you name it. Putter was magic and the ONLY reason the score was good. It would be nice to have a day where everything worked.

Still beats work!
If everything worked... you'd probably be playing golf for a living! We weekend hackers know we're about there... then the driver goes. We just get it where it works... then the short game goes. We get our long game and our short game working... then the irons feel like rebar in our hands. Ain't it a fun game??!!!??

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Nice shooting Nick.
Thanks man, it was a really weird round. Would hit a wayward drive and then a miraculous low hooded 4 iron under tree limbs to 15 feet and 2 putt. Or good drive with 105 in and I'd chunk a SW and have to scramble to get up and down. The round felt like garbage but the scores were there.
If everything worked... you'd probably be playing golf for a living! We weekend hackers know we're about there... then the driver goes. We just get it where it works... then the short game goes. We get our long game and our short game working... then the irons feel like rebar in our hands. Ain't it a fun game??!!!??
I love being out on the course but today was a struggle, again the scores were there but nothing felt good. We have a 215 yard par 3 on this course, tough hole. I pulled out my 4 iron and thought I'd leave it on the front of the green and 2 putt my way to a par....wrong. Low stinging worm burner, had a 35 yard chip. Hit it to 18" and rattled in the putt. It felt like that ALL day. This game is a 4 letter word!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online