• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
My last round of the year was irritating. 50 and sunny by windy as f%ck! So it was pretty chilly. I didn't feel like I got loose all day and was blocking everything right but for playing twice in the last week in December I think I'll let it slide.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
84 today. Not good. For the conditions, though.... Ground frozen. Can't get a tee in the ground. Try to use broken tees, that have sharp enough of a point to at least hold up the ball. That's not working. So, begin to just drop the ball on the tee box and whale away with the 3-wood. Worked! Hit some great shots that way. And, with everything rolling out, got plenty of distance.
Greens were sorta frozen and sorta not. Some balls would check if they hit where it had thawed a little. Most balls would hit on the green and bounce way off. If you tried to run them on, they would get caught up in the mushy stuff. If you chipped onto the greens, they would roll off.

Good news.... On December 30, we are playing golf in 50 degree temps.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
38 today in couples league. Putter was working well. SWMBO was on fire. The format is 9 holes - low net score of you or partner = team score, in other words, net best ball. She is a 32 handicap so she gets 2 strokes per hole on 7 of the holes and 1 stroke on the other two. She kept making bogeys and par'd both par 3's (she had a net 1 on the par 3 ninth hole). I think we may have used my low net on the first hole where I opened with a birdie, and that was it. We posted a net 8 under for 9 holes. 1st place by a long shot. Hope she keeps that up!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I shot my new pistola. Haven't picked up a club in months. Sup, fellas?
As we drove through Illinois a couple weeks ago, thought I heard a stray bullet bounce off the truck. Told the wife, "Probably either AG shooting at something or it's one of his woodchips from his woodworking shop!":D

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
You've confused me with Steve.
210.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
HONEYMOON ALERT!! I understand why PaPaD and FWS buy new/different clubs every week/day/hour. It's the honeymoon!! Did not hit driver today. Only the Mini 1.5 off the tee. So, with a different tee club and a different putter in the bag went 42/38 = 80. Could easily have been 3 strokes better for putts that lipped out. Two of those were dead center until they hit the "pumped up mounds" around the cups this time of year. Going to still play around just a tad with loft on the 1.5. Other than that, sorta a fun day.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
HONEYMOON ALERT!! I understand why PaPaD and FWS buy new/different clubs every week/day/hour. It's the honeymoon!! Did not hit driver today. Only the Mini 1.5 off the tee. So, with a different tee club and a different putter in the bag went 42/38 = 80. Could easily have been 3 strokes better for putts that lipped out. Two of those were dead center until they hit the "pumped up mounds" around the cups this time of year. Going to still play around just a tad with loft on the 1.5. Other than that, sorta a fun day.
Ho-ing is fun......

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Started raining on #3, today. Rain came and went. Stupids like us continued to play and get totally soaked. Wet grips. Wet clothes. Heater in cart felt pretty good. Finished... Survived with an 89. Just wanted to get a round in in January in case Mother Nature closes us out. Clubs, bag, head covers, clothes... all in basement under heat vents.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
As we drove through Illinois a couple weeks ago, thought I heard a stray bullet bounce off the truck. Told the wife, "Probably either AG shooting at something or it's one of his woodchips from his woodworking shop!":D
My wife must have been shooting. She scares the shit out of me. She will rack off a round with a semi-auto handgun then turn around not realizing she is pointing her gun near my direction and ask if she hit the target. I'll all but dive for cover and then I get a "Sorry". Sheesh. She's getting better though.

I'm still messing with wood. Just bought a new house and now I have a new woodworking man-cave! Exciting stuff for me. We gutted the house and have been working like crazy to get it finished and move in. I played a little golf last year. I played in a few charity scrambles, nothing serious. Golf took a backseat to travel baseball last summer. My oldest son played over 60 games last year. It almost killed the rest of us. Anyway, that's about all I've been up to. Just wanted to check in and see how things were going around here.

Staff online

Members online