• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Out in 39 this morning.... then imploded. 46 on the back. Five of us playing today. All are fair players. Not good, just fair. All retired and in their late 60's. Everyone will shoot in the mid to upper 80's, with a few rounds venturing into the low 90's. On one of the easiest par 4's on the course, all 5 of us carded double bogies. 5 of us had 30 strokes on that one hole. Sheesh! No one threw a club, but I do believe all 5 were tempted.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Out in 39 this morning.... then imploded. 46 on the back. Five of us playing today. All are fair players. Not good, just fair. All retired and in their late 60's. Everyone will shoot in the mid to upper 80's, with a few rounds venturing into the low 90's. On one of the easiest par 4's on the course, all 5 of us carded double bogies. 5 of us had 30 strokes on that one hole. Sheesh! No one threw a club, but I do believe all 5 were tempted.

luckily the club would not go too far should you geezers have thrown it....:D:p:D:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
luckily the club would not go too far should you geezers have thrown it....:D:p:D:D
Why don't you come over here and I'll show you just how far a "geezer" can toss a club... at you!!! You young whippersnappers have no respect for your elders!!!!!:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
One of "those" days. 39/39=78. Four of us went to lunch after the round. One of the guys asks "Okay. Tell the truth. How old are you?" I told him I was 70. He said I was pulling their legs, that I could not be that old. I pulled out my drivers license to prove it.

Oh, won back that dollar I lost yesterday.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
One of "those" days. 39/39=78. Four of us went to lunch after the round. One of the guys asks "Okay. Tell the truth. How old are you?" I told him I was 70. He said I was pulling their legs, that I could not be that old. I pulled out my drivers license to prove it.

Oh, won back that dollar I lost yesterday.
Nice shooting Limp!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Part of my problem yesterday was I found a lost ball. Had started the round playing pretty well. On hole 8, I found one of those Callaway Chrome Soft "Soccer" balls. The ball is painted with red markings to look like a soccer ball. Thought it might be fun to play and had heard nothing but good about the Chrome Soft. Well.....

On #9, my drive hit a tree on the right side of the fairway. Dropped straight down. Now another tree between the green and I with low-hanging branches. Tried to hit a punch shot that got up just a little too high and "Whack"... a second tree. Now, I'm right beside the tree with no real shot to the green. From about 130 out, I punch a 4 hybrid hoping it curls to the right and finds the green. The punch is topped, but rolls and rolls and rolls and ends up about 18" from the hole. Made putt. That's 4.... Par.

It was downhill from there. I struggled on the back, thinking it was all mental errors... and most were. The red marked ball is difficult to see even in the fairway. But, no matter how poorly I played, the thing seemed to want to be found. Finished a dastardly back nine and swore I would never tee that ball up again. Went back to a Titty today and shoot 78!!!! Callaway, take your soccer balls and keep them away from golf courses!!!!!:)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I don't know if this shows up but played with jhmeg2 and another buddy. jhmeg2 used a set of old time clubs he put together in a set. He shot 42 and 48 with those things. I started with a par and it all went downhill from there but who cares? We're golfing in Wisconsin in February!

Facebook

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
jhmeg2's hickory stick...

IMG_20170221_131938885.jpg

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
Why don't you come over here and I'll show you just how far a "geezer" can toss a club... at you!!! You young whippersnappers have no respect for your elders!!!!!:D

you are the retired one, not me.....why don't you come visit/holiday here in sunny SA.....with the current exchange rate you'll have a blast for little money!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
you are the retired one, not me.....why don't you come visit/holiday here in sunny SA.....with the current exchange rate you'll have a blast for little money!
Wife and I aren't "world travelers". Simply no desire to fly to far off lands. We do have a few short trips we want to make here in the U.S. If we did get the urge to visit foreign lands, South Africa is on that "wish list". If.... When I hit the Powerball....................

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
Wife and I aren't "world travelers". Simply no desire to fly to far off lands. We do have a few short trips we want to make here in the U.S. If we did get the urge to visit foreign lands, South Africa is on that "wish list". If.... When I hit the Powerball....................

think you like it here.....lot of geezers here. :D:p:D

meant to say, plenty of beautiful golf courses.:):)

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online