• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
My wife and I watched my middle son this weekend playing in the return leg of an inter-club game. He's just turned 15 and was playing a 17-year-old who towered over him. On paper he should have been well beaten, losing 30-40 yards per drive. But he played brilliantly, hitting some amazing shots and holing some key putts. He won the game 4/2 and was pretty pleased with himself. The team lost the away leg 0-5, but fought well to get 2.5 points on the home leg. It is a team for the future.

Really enjoyed watching and found it a little nerve wrecking.

Attachments

• S2.jpg
    S2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 52
  • S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 52

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
SWMBO and I scrambled to a 3 over par today and beat our opponents 3 to 1. There were 3 six-hole matches worth a point and a point for low total. She was putting lights out. Drained a 20 footer to save par on our opening hole. Every putt she missed, I got a good read off and made most! We won low total for flight B.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A very solid round in the wind.
Thanks! Had played 11 days straight before taking last Friday off. Been playing ever day since. Another tournament coming up Sunday. Hope to play a little better than in the last one.

After the 18 this morning, each Wednesday the course has "men's night" and I'm considering playing another 9 there. Fun format where you get to play with members you don't normally tee it up with. It's either been storming or I've been worn out since they started it up about 4 weeks ago. The son-in-law played in it last Wednesday and is pretty insistent that I come out tonight. Just got back from the dog and I taking our usual 3 1/2 mile afternoon walk. If I can push the old body outta the recliner, may tee it up again tonight... and tomorrow... and the next day.... Ain't retirement grand!!!?????!!!!!:D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Thanks! Had played 11 days straight before taking last Friday off. Been playing ever day since. Another tournament coming up Sunday. Hope to play a little better than in the last one.

After the 18 this morning, each Wednesday the course has "men's night" and I'm considering playing another 9 there. Fun format where you get to play with members you don't normally tee it up with. It's either been storming or I've been worn out since they started it up about 4 weeks ago. The son-in-law played in it last Wednesday and is pretty insistent that I come out tonight. Just got back from the dog and I taking our usual 3 1/2 mile afternoon walk. If I can push the old body outta the recliner, may tee it up again tonight... and tomorrow... and the next day.... Ain't retirement grand!!!?????!!!!!:D
YES!:)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/41=81 today. The weather was prettier than the golf. Should not have played the 9 last night. 27 holes in one day... plus getting in a few miles of walking with the dog... is entirely too much for this old body. Everything I own ached this morning. Actually surprised I played as well as I did.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Cold and windy. Happy with a 41/42=83. Played with a Wautoma H.S. golf team player (Malachi Marks) and beat him on the first nine 41 to 42. He couldn't hit a driver from the tee because he slices it so bad. Hit a hybrid from the tee so I owned him all day off the tee. Big kid. Must've been 6'2", 250+ lbs.

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts