• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Lost our match on hole #18. We were up two holes with three to play. They opponents came back and took us to 18. Both my partner and I hit poor drives. We both still have putts to tie, but looooonnnng putts on unfamiliar greens. Only team out of 9 from our course to take their match all the way to 18. Our course got it put to us, 8 matches to 1. :mad::mad::mad:
Drive 60 miles and get teamed against players you've never seen before... and will never see again. One of the guys... we played a 4=ball with two from our course and two from theirs... from the opposing course had the identical same irons as I do and the identical same putter. The odds of being teamed with someone having an almost identical bag layout should be pretty awesome.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
One of the guys ... from the opposing course had the identical same irons as I do and the identical same putter. The odds of being teamed with someone having an almost identical bag layout should be pretty awesome.

Not so sure. The CIA have activated a sleeper who will be your replacement. Prepare to be "disappeared."

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1495459031.553398.jpg

Yesterday marked my first official round of the 2017 season... [emoji15] I know right!! I carded a very respectable and albeit surprising +4, 36. For someone who would normally have a dozen plus rounds in already, this score came as a bit of a shock! Guess I still got it?? Or will the golf gods have their way with me next round...

Posted a little pic of this little gem, 9 hole track I play quite a bit. This is a shot from beside the 8th and they have three more holes under construction...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
View attachment 29037

Yesterday marked my first official round of the 2017 season... [emoji15] I know right!! I carded a very respectable and albeit surprising +4, 36. For someone who would normally have a dozen plus rounds in already, this score came as a bit of a shock! Guess I still got it?? Or will the golf gods have their way with me next round...

Posted a little pic of this little gem, 9 hole track I play quite a bit. This is a shot from beside the 8th and they have three more holes under construction...
It's the 915 D2 driver in your sig. They are magic!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rained out after 6 holes this morning. Two birdies in those 6 holes... 3 pars and 1 bogey. Was way ahead in the "wolf" game. Told the guys to forget it since we only played six holes. They paid me anyway. Made $1.00!!! Whoopeeee!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I agree, my driver is a beast, sadly was not in play... Believe it or not I found that moonlight bag in a dumpster, washed and made its maiden voyage. I only packed 6 clubs; 3w, 5h, 9, PW, 54, 58 and a putter. The 3w is also a 915... Mini beast!! LOL
LOVE me some minimalist setups!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played eight holes last night with son #2 and FiL! Absolutely gorgeous. The FiL won the money. We are now ~6weeks away from the Irish Open. The course is starting to get set up with grandstands, signage etc. Getting exciting. We got Rory, Justin, Sergio, John Rahm etc. Can't wait!

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44
  • S&H.jpg
    S&H.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 47

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Last Sunday marked my return to competitive golf at my club. Nervous as hell beforehand but had a good practice session the day before. In short, I played like a busted arse.

Plenty of wiped holes. Didn't manage to capitalise on good shots. Strangely, amidst the carnage, I managed to par three holes.

In the spirit of the Phoenix I saddle up again next Sunday.

Here are some photos of just before my tee time when the fog started to lift.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1495538959.831174.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1495538985.372241.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1495539003.715263.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played in league tonight. Icey cold, torrential downpour during the round. On the par five hit a decent drive and 3-wood. Hit my 9-iron and it bounced and hit the pin. Tap in for birdie and I got closest to the pin in 3. Last hole they called it off when I was going in with a 41. So didn't win anything. Bummer.

🔥 Latest posts