• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
4 birdies, 2 bogeys. My team was me and 3 guys who can't break 100.......so all things considered..................
Been there. Done that. Used to be "coerced" into playing our firm's annual golf scramble. Hated it. They would always try to put we who at least knew the difference between a putter and a driver with three who did not. Try to play a round of golf with 3 educated engineers who play golf once every two or three years. Makes for a loooonnnng afternoon!!!!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Been there. Done that. Used to be "coerced" into playing our firm's annual golf scramble. Hated it. They would always try to put we who at least knew the difference between a putter and a driver with three who did not. Try to play a round of golf with 3 educated engineers who play golf once every two or three years. Makes for a loooonnnng afternoon!!!!
This is our weekly group outing. We have about 25 guys and our leader has to make up the teams each week. He struggles to get them all balanced and I drew the short straw today. We only have about 5 guys who can shoot upper 70s/low 80s and the rest of the bunch are 90s and 100s shooters. I was the only "A" player there today so...................

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
This is our weekly group outing. We have about 25 guys and our leader has to make up the teams each week. He struggles to get them all balanced and I drew the short straw today. We only have about 5 guys who can shoot upper 70s/low 80s and the rest of the bunch are 90s and 100s shooters. I was the only "A" player there today so...................
You certainly were a player on the team, lol.

Nice shooting Steve! When scrambles go sideways I hitch my bag to the beer cart.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

Hey geezer. Nothing wrong with the 90s...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with sssmokin today. Started out with a snowman on the first hole. :mad: Slowly got better but he beat me on the first nine 50 to his 44. Second nine I had 42 and he had another 44. So I lost 88 to 92. I did outdrive him on most holes though. :rolleyes:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing every weekday in our group, we've all come to realize an axiom of Golf. The player hitting the worst drive on a given hole may well end up with the lowest score on that hole.

t.gill68

Supporting Member
May 30, 2017
Country
A lot of golf !!!! Shot after shot after shot............o_O could've played eighteen on the stroke count I had in 9

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Playing by yourself?
I'll need to apologize, tomorrow morning, for blowing up. Just don't have the patience anymore for those who are so wrapped up in themselves, respect for other players is lost. I was so upset a couple times, cannot understand how I carded something less than 95!!! A couple of the best shots I hit, today, were walking up to the ball not caring where it went.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I'll need to apologize, tomorrow morning, for blowing up. Just don't have the patience anymore for those who are so wrapped up in themselves, respect for other players is lost. I was so upset a couple times, cannot understand how I carded something less than 95!!! A couple of the best shots I hit, today, were walking up to the ball not caring where it went.
A. when did you blow up? I don't see a post where you ranted.
B. why are you apologizing in the future? (tomorrow morning?)

;):)

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rolled a 99 at Kiln Creek Golf Club in Newport News

imagejpeg_0.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.