• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Shot a 96 yesterday in my tournament. Finished second. The other guys in my group shot 100 and 103. The guy who won the last two tournaments shot 100. This course was brutal. If you missed the fairways it was double bogey at the least. I three putted 5 greens. Oh, and it was hot as fuck.
And... we do this for fun???:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
42/41=83 today. Hurting. Have been having a little trouble with a hip. The course super has been setting the fairway sprinklers on automatic timers. On #10, yesterday, we hit off the tee and were just short of where the sprinklers were spraying. We'd been dodging in and out of water streams most of the day. Just as I was ready to hit my second shot, the sprinklers right by the cart were initiated. Heard this "clang" as the water pressure hit the sprinkler head and raised it to spray. I swung, spun to the left, and headed out of the way of the stream all in one motion. Felt the hip snap/twist. Could barely walk by the time the round was over. Aleve helped me sleep a little last night. Didn't want to take any more this morning. Played with a right hip so sore I could not push off it at all. More Aleve as soon as I arrive home. Need the wife to massage my backside tonight!!!!:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
This course was brutal. If you missed the fairways it was double bogey at the least. I three putted 5 greens. uck.

Serious question, given its penal nature, upon reflection would you play the course differently next time?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Serious question, given its penal nature, upon reflection would you play the course differently next time?
Yes. I would treat most holes like an extra par. Example: A par four as a par 5. Just get something in the fairway, get the next shot close, chip on, and two putt for a bogey and walk away happy. If I did that Sunday I would have won the tourney going away.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Yes. I would treat most holes like an extra par. Example: A par four as a par 5. Just get something in the fairway, get the next shot close, chip on, and two putt for a bogey and walk away happy. If I did that Sunday I would have won the tourney going away.
That's how I play all my golf, BTW.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
42/41=83 today. Hurting. Have been having a little trouble with a hip. The course super has been setting the fairway sprinklers on automatic timers. On #10, yesterday, we hit off the tee and were just short of where the sprinklers were spraying. We'd been dodging in and out of water streams most of the day. Just as I was ready to hit my second shot, the sprinklers right by the cart were initiated. Heard this "clang" as the water pressure hit the sprinkler head and raised it to spray. I swung, spun to the left, and headed out of the way of the stream all in one motion. Felt the hip snap/twist. Could barely walk by the time the round was over. Aleve helped me sleep a little last night. Didn't want to take any more this morning. Played with a right hip so sore I could not push off it at all. More Aleve as soon as I arrive home. Need the wife to massage my backside tonight!!!!:D
Feel better Limp!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

So you looked something like this?

14-tiger-woods-2008-us-open-injury.jpg

Or this?
tiger-woods.jpg

PS. Get better buddy.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
39/40 today with a double bogey and a birdie on the card. Last day as a member tomorrow so I will be back to Daniel Boone golf (exploring the area again). I expect scores to rise a bit since I can play this track blindfolded. :cool:
Heading to Iowa day after tomorrow. Will play 3 different courses in 3 days. Know just what you mean. I've been playing the same course 5 to 7 days/week all year long. Once on different courses, I'll need a calculator to add up the scores!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Sunday 2 July - Stableford competition at my home club
Front 9
22 points
1 wipe :devil:
3 pars
Back 9