• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Sunday 2 July - Stableford competition at my home club
Front 9
22 points
1 wipe :devil:
3 pars
Back 9
20 points
3 pars
1 birdie
2 wipes :devil:
20 points
Total: 42 points

…. and the results just came out re the golf comp today. I won the B Grade comp with 42 points. Second place was 38 points. Handicap now drops 1.3 points. $60 first prize. Very pleased. That’s my first comp win at my home club. Prior to my bad back injury a couple of years ago I had come close to winning but had choked a couple of times on the back nine when on a hot round. Today was a different story. What a great day!

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
United States United States
I had a good run at below 90 ... however, all good things come to an end ... 92/93 yesterday and today ... silly mistakes actually. Played a course call Palmbrook for the first time. It was interesting ...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I think I made 27 Stabelford points once.......42 is unobtanium for me. Nice work!!

Thanks! The improvement is coming with playing and practising more (who'da thunk it?). On May 21, I hit 18 stableford points (ie. carnage). On June 25, I hit 38 stableford points (a nice improvement). Then yesterday I hit paydirt with my win.

One of my playing partners is a 1.8 handicap and I was talking to him after the round. He's well known at the club; has been club champion and has represented the club in inter-club tournaments. He said that to improve, at least two practise sessions are required each week plus playing at least once (preferably twice) weekly. He said that when he started he was a 24 handicap and it took him 15 months to get to single figures. Nice guy and a lot of golf wisdom between his ears.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just returned from our annual jaunt to meet relatives from up North. 4 couples. Guys play golf. Women shop and gossip. Drove up Friday. Got there mid-afternoon. As soon as Minnesota folks arrived, headed out and played 9. Hot and humid. Saturday, played 18 on a tough course. Yesterday, 18 in the morning with a tree-lined, obstacle-ridden course that makes you have conversations with your clubs, your ball, and yourself. Then, back to the Friday course to play another 9. So, 27 holes yesterday. Lots of golf. Lots of fun. Got to drive one of the cousin's brand new decked out F-150. I end up being the designated driver on theses outings since the other 3 try to forget their bad swings by drowning them with, this year, Busch Lite.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Back home this morning. 40/38=78. Good for 50 cents!!!

Over the weekend... Friday on the 9 holes. Super slick greens that I couldn't get used to. Kept running putts waaaayyyy by. Still carded at 47.

Saturday 18 holes. Course wide open, but extremely quick and undulating greens. About ready to toss putter after two days of slick ones. 87.

Sunday 18 holes. Slower greens and bigger greens. Lots of trees. LOTS of trees!!! 83

Sunday's 9 holes at the end of the day... Didn't keep score.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
So tough to make club selections with the elevation changes. I need another crack at it.
Not to mention the challenges of uphill, downhill and side hill lies.

Last edited:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
34/38 today at Woodstone Meadows on the Massanutten Resort. Very hilly par 65 that runs the base of the Appalachians. Happy with a 7 over. So tough to make club selections with the elevation changes. I need another crack at it.

You playing the mountain course geezer?

🔥 Latest posts