• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
That we are!!! One of our group just turned 77. He attended a funeral of a brother-in-law last week. Said he could not believe how old many younger than him looked.

I remember going to a funeral in my early forties and seeing people I used to work with and hadn't seen in a while. Let's say a number of them looked ten or twenty years older than they were. One of those "what the?" moments.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I remember going to a funeral in my early forties and seeing people I used to work with and hadn't seen in a while. Let's say a number of them looked ten or twenty years older than they were. One of those "what the?" moments.
Amen to that. No more going to the hospital. After three trips back with every thing going on in site this ole mule's gonna make a fight.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Amen to that. No more going to the hospital. After three trips back with every thing going on in site this ole mule's gonna make a fight.
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I believe it was 40/39=79. Didn't take time to review the "official" card. Five off the first tee at 7 a.m. trying to beat the heat. Back home at 10:35 with 18 played. Lunch appointment at 11:30 that lasted until just after 1:00. Picked up granddaughters on way back to the house. Delivered them to an activity at 2:30. This being "retired" is hard work!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80 today. Even though we're playing early a.m., the heat and humidity is difficult to deal with. Just now looked at our local weather. 98 degrees F with a heat index of 112. When I put the dog out this morning at 6 a.m., it was just like trying to breathe under water.
Have had a pretty fair week on the course with scores in that 79/80 range. However, has been one of the most costly weeks since I retired. As of this morning, lost $4.25 this week!!!! My Social Security checks will have a difficult time making up for those gambling losses!!! With "Wolf", it's not how well you shoot. It's how the partners break on each hole. Was on a winning streak for quite a while. Seemed as if was always collecting more quarters than paying out. This week, though, has depleted the supply of quarters!!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played 16 holes yesterday off the "big boy" tees. Our course will keep the Irish Open set-up for a few weeks to enable members/visitors to experience the course. All I can say is WOW. Those guys have a 50-60 yard advantage off their drives. I really struggled on a few of the tees. It was also noticeable that they get a big advantage on trampled down areas of rough. And our greens are beautiful. I wasn't really counting but I did have a few birds as well as a few pick-ups. We are playing a tournament on Saturday. If the wind blows I'll be lucky to break 90!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I played 16 holes yesterday off the "big boy" tees. Our course will keep the Irish Open set-up for a few weeks to enable members/visitors to experience the course. All I can say is WOW. Those guys have a 50-60 yard advantage off their drives. I really struggled on a few of the tees. It was also noticeable that they get a big advantage on trampled down areas of rough. And our greens are beautiful. I wasn't really counting but I did have a few birds as well as a few pick-ups. We are playing a tournament on Saturday. If the wind blows I'll be lucky to break 90!
What a cool experience! Enjoy the Open setup!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The "official" scorekeeper said I had an 83 today. I don't believe it was that low, but wasn't keeping score in my head. My head was too full of "What the heck happened to your golf game! Have you never picked up a club before?" Just one of those days. But, I woke up. Was able to smell the fresh cut grass in the company of four other similarly addicted geezers.

Driver and putter both left me today. Usually, if one end or the other is giving me trouble I can hobble along and make a game of it. When you cannot find a fairway, scramble and get to the green, then miss an 18" putt.... All you can do is smile and walk to the next tee. But, that's golf!!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
It's not about what I shot today...my 8th grader is trying to follow in his brothers foot steps from last year and play up on the HS team. Dominick made the varsity soccer team last year and Sebastian is trying to make the varsity golf team today. Just dropped him off at the tryout. Nervous Dad right now!

🔥 Latest posts