• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Well, I went golfing. Our club bought nice new carts. Those were the highlight of my day. I could not hit the ball. At all. The driver felt like it weighed 50 lbs. I could not hit a shot. Not one. I am so weak I'm going to have to swing for hours in my yard. Anyone have any good exercises to help let me know.
Orange Whip Products

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Well, I went golfing. Our club bought nice new carts. Those were the highlight of my day. I could not hit the ball. At all. The driver felt like it weighed 50 lbs. I could not hit a shot. Not one. I am so weak I'm going to have to swing for hours in my yard. Anyone have any good exercises to help let me know.
Baby steps Jerry. Just chip until you start to feel your swing returning. Eat, rest, get laid - you'll feel stronger in no time!

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Worst 81 I ever shot in my life today. We're in FL for the week visiting our southern casa and I played in our Tues men's league. We had 4 guys (snowbirds are all up north). Anyway, my back is fukked up and tight and I was stinking it up all on my iron shots. Tee shots were weak but straight, chipping and putting was outstanding, but every single shot I hit off the grass, never left the ground. Ugliest decent score I ever shot. I got 2nd place net by one stroke - my Florida buddy shot 80. Just goes to show you the value of hitting fairways and a solid short game (26 putts). :confused::D

Last edited:

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Worst 81 I ever shot in my life today. We're in FL for the week visiting our southern casa and I played in our Tues men's league. We had 4 guys (snowbirds are all up north). Anyway, my back is fukked up and tight and I was stinking it up all on my iron shots. Tee shots were weak but straight, chipping and putting was outstanding, but every single shot I hit off the grass, never left the ground. Ugliest decent score I ever shot. I got 2nd place net by one stroke - my Florida buddy shot 80. Just goes to show you the value of hitting fairways and a solid short game. :confused::D
Be thankful the scorecard doesn't have pictures.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Be thankful the scorecard doesn't have pictures.
Hole #2 is an uphill par 4. I hit a weak drive that left me 180. I skulled a 5w that killed 200 worms and stopped 30 feet from the pin on the right edge of the green. Drained the putt for birdie. Made a bunch of pars like that as well. Ugly, but effective.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/39=80 again this morning. Heat just won't break. Match tomorrow morning. Opponent didn't want to go until 9 a.m. I told him no later than 8:30... and even that's too late. Will take about 4 large bottles of Power Ade on ice with me in the cart.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rolled a 71 on the par 62 Stony Lick Course today. A great day and I saw 4 Does with about 6 fawns. Really cool!

IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG
IMG_1394.JPG

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rolled a 71 on the par 62 Stony Lick Course today. A great day and I saw 4 Does with about 6 fawns. Really cool!

View attachment 29184 View attachment 29185 View attachment 29186 View attachment 29187
We dealt with deer tracks all over #4 green yesterday morning. Those hooves can really damage the surface, especially if it looks like a couple young ones were playing tag on and off the green.
Had an eagle flying just above us day before. Such a huge, beautiful bird! In the years we've played our home course, we've seen coyotes, foxes, beavers, opossums, raccoons, skunks, deer, geese, eagles, ducks, bobcats, and an occasional stray dog. Playing as early as we do on weekends, much of the nocturnal wildlife is just heading back to their daytime lairs.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.