• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Another 37 today in couples league. SWMBO shot 44 - we netted 26 (-8) and did NOT win. Another couple came in with a net 23 - par is 34. SWMBO and I did not leave much out there, that is about our best. Check those handicaps!!!!

Note - the contest is low net of either player on each hole. I get 6 strokes on the front nine and she get 16. Her 44 is very low for her. After this week here, my HC will drop a point or two (81, 37, 37).

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/41=81 Rough morning!

Heat index already in the 90's when we teed off at 6:30.

Putter would not perform on the front.

Found the pro shop had put a 4 off the back as we were coming up the front. Caught them on #14. Really slow and would not let us play through. One had to line up his body on every shot. Then, about 4 practice swings. When making a full swing was a carbon copy of Charles Barkley's. They hunted for balls. Yet, never would wave us through.

Had an "incident" that may have actually injured an ear drum. On a couple Advil right now. That happened on #15 so between unable to hear and the slow group I lost all interest in the game.

10 yards short of being on #18, a par 5, in 2. Chunked the 3rd to just short of the green. Didn't even care at that point and putted #4 to probably 10 feet past the hole. One-handed the 10 footer back in the general direction of the hole and it went in for a par 5. Putted better one-handed than with two!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Hope your ear is alright, Limp. If not ,you know what they say. "You can always tell an old Kansan, you just can't tell "em much."
I'll be fine. Can't keep me from complaining, though. As for your comment... Can't hear. Can't see. But I can sure as heck still drive!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!?? 37/35=72. Even par. Putts on 16 and 17 lipped out. Had they gone down, would have shot my age of 70. Fun morning. Son-in-law's comment was right on. "When you're on, you're on. When you suck, you suck!"

Well done Limp.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Started out pretty good again this morning. 37 on the front. Got tired and tanked coming home. 41 on the back. 78 total. Still not too bad. First double bogey in at least 4 rounds on 18 today.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.