• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't know what to say. Could it be that I'm playing a premium ball for the last 3 rounds (and haven't lost any)? Could it be that the golfing gods are making up for what they put me through in my lifetime? Could it be I've found the magic driver that keeps me in the fairway and is as long as any I've ever hit? Or the new Ping S55 irons that I'm hitting so good (today it two flag poles)? Or playing from the gold tees (no mulligans or foot wedges)? Whatever it is I've been waiting for it to go away and it just keeps getting better. I shot the best score of my life today after 50 years of playing this game and at age 70. 37+37=74. Nothing worse then bogey. 2 birdies (and missed chances) and lot's of pars. It's scaring the hell out of me. :eek:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I don't know what to say. Could it be that I'm playing a premium ball for the last 3 rounds (and haven't lost any)? Could it be that the golfing gods are making up for what they put me through in my lifetime? Could it be I've found the magic driver that keeps me in the fairway and is as long as any I've ever hit? Or the new Ping S55 irons that I'm hitting so good (today it two flag poles)? Or playing from the gold tees (no mulligans or foot wedges)? Whatever it is I've been waiting for it to go away and it just keeps getting better. I shot the best score of my life today after 50 years of playing this game and at age 70. 37+37=74. Nothing worse then bogey. 2 birdies (and missed chances) and lot's of pars. It's scaring the hell out of me. :eek:
Nice work. Roll with it, don't think about it. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yesterday, played the usual Saturday round with the flat-bellies from the back tees. Played out of my mind on the front. Went out in 38. Reality hit on the back. Came back in with a 44. Still, I'll take 82 from those tees at my age.

Tourney at the course today, so no golf. Left after yesterday's round to go spend the afternoon/night with the daughter. Her husband and the two grandsons had traveled to a 4-wheeler race up in Iowa for the weekend. She took us out to dinner last night in thanks for coming down to "babysit" her!!!

Back to the "grind" of playing every day tomorrow.......:D

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I did it, I finally did it...had the best round of my life today as well!

Cedar Crest Golf Club in Murfreesboro TN was the stage.

Went out in 33 with 13 putts, yep 3 under!

Started the back with another birdie on a short Par 5 that should have been an eagle, lipped out the 12' eagle putt. Sitting at 4 under. Reeled off 7 straight pars and was tested a few times but managed to get up and down...until 18.

Hit a nice drive right down the pipe, yanked my 4 wood a little left on the layup, par 5, hit my SW to about 25'...and 3 putted for a bogey and an even par 36 on the back with 15 putts.

Overall 33/36 for a 69 with 28 putts. Best day I've ever had on the course !!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

Started the back with another birdie on a short Par 5 that should have been an eagle, lipped out the 12' eagle putt. Sitting at 4 under. Reeled off 7 straight pars and was tested a few times but managed to get up and down...until 18.

Hit a nice drive right down the pipe, yanked my 4 wood a little left on the layup, par 5, hit my SW to about 25'...and 3 putted for a bogey and an even par 36 on the back with 15 putts.

Awesome! Must be something going around these days. I'd love to go spread the word about my scores but I know the people I normally play with will really not believe me even though they say "good job" etc etc. That's the part that eats me. I've got the scorecards signed by the people that witness it but on many of my rounds I'm alone.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Awesome! Must be something going around these days. I'd love to go spread the word about my scores but I know the people I normally play with will really not believe me even though they say "good job" etc etc. That's the part that eats me. I've got the scorecards signed by the people that witness it but on many of my rounds I'm alone.

3 of my buddies were with me and we all played pretty well, except my friend that's new to the game. Had a blast but my nerves are shot and I'm exhausted.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I have a match today with my son, we are taking on two seasoned campaigners in a knock out fourball better ball. We have had a few goes at agreeing a date, now we are playing this afternoon, I'm leaving work early. The forecast looks tasty for a 5pm tee time.

upload_2017-8-21_9-26-11.png

I have an ark and a submarine on standby at the 10th.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

A truly memorable round!!! Hope you kept the card. Frame it!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
38/42=80 this morning. Felt better. Double bogeyed both par 5's on the back nine. Stupid mistakes. Take those two doubles out and had a respectable game.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
38/42=80 this morning. Felt better. Double bogeyed both par 5's on the back nine. Stupid mistakes. Take those two doubles out and had a respectable game.

If you could have it over, how would you have played those par fives?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.