• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I did it, I finally did it...had the best round of my life today as well!

Cedar Crest Golf Club in Murfreesboro TN was the stage.

Went out in 33 with 13 putts, yep 3 under!

Started the back with another birdie on a short Par 5 that should have been an eagle, lipped out the 12' eagle putt. Sitting at 4 under. Reeled off 7 straight pars and was tested a few times but managed to get up and down...until 18.

Hit a nice drive right down the pipe, yanked my 4 wood a little left on the layup, par 5, hit my SW to about 25'...and 3 putted for a bogey and an even par 36 on the back with 15 putts.

Overall 33/36 for a 69 with 28 putts. Best day I've ever had on the course !!!
Congrats Nick! Well done young lad!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If you could have it over, how would you have played those par fives?
When I get tired, the dreaded "s" word sneaks in. I can fix it, but don't know it's coming until too late. #10, was 102 yards out. Sh**ked a wedge dead right under a tree. Had to punch an 8-iron under the tree and over a bunker. Went past the green so had to chip back.
Fixed the sh**ks for the rest of the back... until 18. Pulled drive hard left. Hit the best 3-wood from the rough I'd hit all day. 60 yards out with a little pitch to the green. Sh**ked it dead left onto some hardpan. Struggled to the green and got my second double for the back.

So, how would I have played things differently? Would have not shanked those two wedges. If I concentrate on making sure my wedges move out to in and I stay down on them, we get along fine. If I get lazy and allow the club to move a little out to in... and try to see where the ball is going before I even get the clubhead to the ball... it's disaster. Pure mental errors!!!!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Had a great game last night with my son. The weather was not too bad after all. It rained off and on but there was hardly any wind. Anyway we went four down after eight. They hit us with two very long birdie putts on the opening holes and we missed a few between us. We managed to get back to one down with two holes left and we had them in our sights but I ended up hitting my second into an unplayable. I had no choice but to try and heave one towards the green and it didn't work out. My son missed a three footer to keep us in it and it was all over on the 17th green, two and one. He was upset saying that he'd let me down, but I was so proud of him. It was fun, first time playing in a senior match for him, and first time we've played together in a matchplay.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Been a couple of tough days. Weather has been AWESOME. Golf.....????? 42/40 this morning. 82 is okay, but the golf didn't feel good. Lost 50 cents on the front. Won 50 cents on the back. Have seemed to lost my game from 70 yards +/- in. Cannot chip. That used to be one of my strengths. Going to pull the Bettinardi wedge and put the Clevelands back in and see if that changes anything. Or, may just put the Eye 2 BeCu wedges back in.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Played with .... Nice but guy talked my ears off..

I had one of those recently. Nice guy but he commentated his game to me the whole way around. He'd explain why he took a particular club on an approach shot, why he chipped out, why putted short and the list went on.

By the end I wished I'd had ear plugs.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I had one of those recently. Nice guy but he commentated his game to me the whole way around. He'd explain why he took a particular club on an approach shot, why he chipped out, why putted short and the list went on.

By the end I wished I'd had ear plugs.
You haven't played with a chatter until you've teed it up with subsonic.............the good news is, he's hilarious. ;)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.