• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
If old geezers talking throws you games off... you guys need to tee it up with our weekday group!!!! If you had to wait until everyone shut up to hit... it'd be a 5 hour round!!!! In fact, if they really want to negatively affect your shot, they will all be really quiet.

Rough day again today. Hit at least one tree on the first 7 holes!!!! Thanks to some scrambling and lucky bounces, all it did was totally exhaust my patience!!! Did end up 42/41 for an 83. Highest score of all five players. Won the most money... $1.50!!! Had good partners in the wolf game.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Played a twilight 18 in 3 hours last night with a buddy. 34, 37. I had forgotten how great twilight rounds are, we were basically the only two people out there. :cool:

Yeah, I love a sneaky 9 or 18 when no one's around. I had a 9 hole practice round yesterday that went till dusk. Played two balls. Had a ton of fun.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1503516916.118297.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1503516931.113310.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1503516945.664273.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The course was packed today. And all the foursomes consisted of old men who could barely walk, Some beginner women, Some of the worst putters I've ever seen and so I just sat there until I could finally hit and then went back to resting. Shot a 39 on the front (actually started us on the back again) and a 36 on the second nine. five straight pars then a couple bogeys (but no doubles or worse) and a couple birdies mixed in. It didn't feel that good at all but I was putting and scrambling pretty good I guess. I must've played through four groups. That tires me out.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Really in a short game funk. 42/42 this morning. Sure didn't feel that good. #8, long par 5. 71 yards from the green in two, dead center of the fairway. Chip shot flew the green by 7 or 8 yards. Double. #9, short par 4. Drive to 90 yards out. Left the approach shot from 90 yards 5 yards short. Chunked chip. Double. #12, short par 4. Hit one of the best drives of the day. 42 yards from the green in the fairway. Chunked chip. Double. Once on the green, the putter was working okay. Not spectacular... but okay. Drives were on. Fairway woods were on. Wedges and approach shots stunk to high heaven. I need the Game to become fun again!!!!:mad::mad:

Tomorrow.... I'm gonna conquer the ills and break 80!!!! May have to keep my own score and use the eraser, but I'm going to lick this thing and get back to playing how I know I can play.;)

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
All depends on the "return" you get on those 18 strokes. I suspect peace in the family is a good trade off. OTOH, might call for turning in your "man card" if you have to tell folks both your wife and your sister beat you at golf!!!!:rolleyes:
My ego isn't that fragile, Limp. Besides, I'm not worried about losing a match to anyone I gave 18 strokes to. ;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I figured it out. That is why I'm shooting the low scores I never shot before. After surgery, playing for the first time, I could hardly swing the driver. It felt like it weighed 50 lbs. So I had to develop a "pendulum swing" using "tempo" to even play the game. I kept trying to go back to my old swing but I couldn't do it. So I've stayed with this swing and now can put some power into it. I also get better weight transfer and a full follow through. In any case I'm striping them down the fairways almost as long as I used to consistently like I never have before. It's made the game much easier when you aren't working to get out of trouble and instead are just sailing down the fairway.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I figured it out. That is why I'm shooting the low scores I never shot before. After surgery, playing for the first time, I could hardly swing the driver. It felt like it weighed 50 lbs. So I had to develop a "pendulum swing" using "tempo" to even play the game. I kept trying to go back to my old swing but I couldn't do it. So I've stayed with this swing and now can put some power into it. I also get better weight transfer and a full follow through. In any case I'm striping them down the fairways almost as long as I used to consistently like I never have before. It's made the game much easier when you aren't working to get out of trouble and instead are just sailing down the fairway.
That's just the way the 77 year old in our regular group plays. It never looks as if he is swinging hard, but puts his drives out there with... or beyond... any of the rest of us. He is always down the middle and always close to or on the green. It's almost boring to watch him!!!! His swing is all rhythm.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80 this morning. 41/39... all because of the putter and one bad hole. Putter balky again/still. #16 is in my head and I simply cannot execute the second shot no matter where I place my drive. Need to solve both.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.