• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We always have the first tee time on weekends. Even if we have 5, we will play quickly and set the pace for the course. I don't remember the last time we had even a twosome in a cart catch us... until this morning.

The course was booked solid from 6:30 a.m. until after noon. The pro shop said there was a two that would follow us. They were "women and we shouldn't have any trouble staying ahead of them". We had five and were sailing right along. The two kept up with us, but didn't push us. One the back, they began to push a little. So, on #12 we waited on the box to let them hit and go through. Both ladies laced nice drives down the fairway. As they left the box, I asked if they were local. They were from Colorado. Had been on a 2-week golf trip, making a loop through Kansas and Missouri and headed back home. They were very complimentary of the course and we never saw them the rest of the round.

I guess I should have asked if their names were Thelma and Louise!!!!

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
Two under bogy ... the new swing and lessons are starting to take hold. Looking forward to making it "my swing" ... really been hitting my backyard practice area/net everyday.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Internet said we would see storms at 8:30 this morning. Two of us went off #1 at 6:30, not knowing how far we would get. Wind, thunder, lightning, and some big rain drops as we walked off #11 green... at exactly 8:00. Speed golf. Headed in to the clubhouse and got the cart put away just before the skies opened.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rolled a 33 and a 36 at Schoolhouse 9. Good times. I love that place!

IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
There's a scary two guys! :eek:

Supposed to rain today. Played 18 and not one rain drop! Started with a 40. Then started out the back with two birds on the first 3 holes. Was 2 under after five. Then I bogeyed the last four holes. :( Still got a 38 for a 78. Was humid and cold so didn't hit any bombs but stayed in the fairway. Course was almost empty. Nice day.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hit 35 stableford points in my club's Sunday competition. Unfortunately two wipes on the front nine hurt. Parred 3 of the last six holes to come home strong. Including this one which was set up by a 135m eight iron approach into the wind.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1503868500.336659.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1503868515.218279.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Hit 35 stableford points in my club's Sunday competition. Unfortunately two wipes on the front nine hurt. Parred 3 of the last six holes to come home strong. Including this one which was set up by a 135m eight iron approach into the wind.
View attachment 29331View attachment 29332
what is your Stabelford setup? Birdies = 3, Pars =2, Bogies =1? 35 is a LOT of points - well done!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
what is your Stabelford setup? Birdies = 3, Pars =2, Bogies =1? 35 is a LOT of points - well done!

Yes, so an even par round is 36 points.

Don't forget that there's the handicap effect. An 18 handicapper has one extra stroke a hole. A nine handicapper would have one extra stroke on the hardest nine holes.

It is a good format for keeping the play moving because play isn't slowed by blow up holes. Once a player reaches a situation of not being able to score on a hole, he is supposed to pick up, record the hole as a "wipe" and the resume on the next tee.

I wiped two holes on my front nine (grrr). I ended up with 17/18 for the front and back nines respectively.

The PGA Tour has one of its events as a modified stableford. I think it's the one that's played the same week as the Masters.

Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Yes, so an even par round is 36 points. But then there's the handicap effect. An 18 handicapper has one extra stroke a hole. A nine handicapper would have one extra stroke on the hardest nine holes.

It is a good format for keeping the play moving because play isn't slowed by blow up holes. Once a player reaches a situation of not being able to score on a hole, he is supposed to pick up, record the hole as a "wipe" and the resume on the next tee.

I wiped two holes on my front nine (grrr). I ended up with 17/18 for the front and back nines respectively.

The PGA Tour has one of its events as a modified stableford. I think it's the one that's played the same week as the Masters.
We play a lot of "quota" Stabelfords in FL. I have a minimum of 23 points and get credit for anything over that. I have to play out of my socks to go more than 3 or 4 over. 35? Holy Shit...............

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
36/39 for a 75. Had three... THREE Mick Jagger putts. Playing partners could not believe they didn't go down. All three were in the hole until they got scared of the dark. Fun round!!!! (Lost 50 cents while having the low score of the 6 playing by 3 strokes! Played 3-some against 3-some.)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online