• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Supposed to rain but sun was out. Started with a 39 on the front. Second nine playing good and on 165 yd. (gold geezer tees) got a hole-in-one!!! Group ahead saw it and witnessed it for me. 37 on the back for 76. Gave the pro my card outside and got the heck out of there. Daughter's getting married in two weeks and no extra money to buy drinks. :( Second one in my lifetime! Other was many years ago. Don't know what's going on lately but I hope it doesn't stop. I've been in golfing "Heaven" the last few weeks. :geek:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Supposed to rain but sun was out. Started with a 39 on the front. Second nine playing good and on 165 yd. (gold geezer tees) got a hole-in-one!!! Group ahead saw it and witnessed it for me. 37 on the back for 76. Gave the pro my card outside and got the heck out of there. Daughter's getting married in two weeks and no extra money to buy drinks. :( Second one in my lifetime! Other was many years ago. Don't know what's going on lately but I hope it doesn't stop. I've been in golfing "Heaven" the last few weeks. :geek:
Yep!! Ya found the secret. Get your intestines fixed and you can play like a pro!!! GREAT GOLF, Gerry!!!!

Wish the daughter well from Kansas!!!!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Started with a 39 on the front. Second nine playing good and on 165 yd. (gold geezer tees) got a hole-in-one!!! Group ahead saw it and witnessed it for me. I've been in golfing "Heaven" the last few weeks. :geek:

A big congrats. [emoji106]

Holes in one are more likely when the ball is consistently hit in the direction of the pin. Sir, you are a playa!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Congrats!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
81 today. A much better score than the way I played. Trees reached out into the fairway as my ball flew by, just to grab it out of the air. The Earth shook just enough to move holes so my putts lipped out. I don't know when I have hit the ball so solidly and scored so poorly.

Taking a few days off. Hope to be back in the swing of things next week.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I shot an 80 on Saturday off the tips. It was a medal qualifying round (top 8 to qualify) and I missed out by 1. I had a poor front side (+7), including 2 doubles. I didn't feel I was hitting the ball that badly, just couldn't seem to get a break, buy a putt etc. I stayed patient and was +1 on the back side. Our finish is a tough one, so I was happy to finish with four pars, with four "top shelf" up and downs. Overall it was a decent round, but with a few more breaks on the front side it could have been a great round!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played today in Minnesota. LGBT course... Little Greens/Big Trees!!!! Pretty nice course. Fairways in good shape. Greens had been punched, recently, and were difficult to putt. 44/42=86 from the white/regular tees. Less weight to carry back to Kansas due to the lost balls!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with an old friend today who used to be club champion at Waushara many years running. He's lost his distance so I was out driving him on every hole. Of course we were drinking while golfing. I'm currently in the bag as I write this. He had 42+39 amd I had 48+47. Who cares. We had a blast. And obviously I don't play well while in the bag LOL. Carry on. :confused:

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I haven't played much competitive golf lately but my oldest son (9 yr old) played in his first stroke play event this year. He blew me away at how well he conducted himself, his composure and his near perfect play. It was probably the most enjoyable golf outing that I've ever been apart of and didnt swing a club. He won by six strokes and he 4 putted the last hole by missing 2 tap-ins standing on 1 foot dodging ball markers. He hit every fairway and only missed 1 green. He birdied the hardest hole! He stretched one drive out to 205 yards! Was awesome to watch and share the experience with him.

Anyway I thought I would jump on here and share the experience. Its been awhile since I last checked in. Hope all of you have been well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.