• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I played on Saturday in 30mph winds and lashing rain. We had showers on the first half but it turned steady on the back. We eventually called it at 16 and walked in. It was brutal.

I hear ya. Having a round destroyed by gale force winds during miserable rain is no fun.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
37/41 this morning. Eight straight pars on the front. Bogey on #9 and the game went downhill from there. We were playing 3 vs. 3. Our 3 had one who carded a 96. So, in reality, it was 2 vs. 3!! I went 37/41. My partner went 42/37. So, we "brother-in-lawed" from front to back enough to win a whole 25 cents!!!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Saturday night we decided to have a party because we weren't going on vacation so why not? Drank too much, didn't eat anything. Basically got polluted.

Woke up on Sunday to a massive hangover, bass drum in my head, shakes, just no bueno. Headed tot he course anyway.

Was 5 over after 5 holes and contemplating why I did this to myself. Scratched a thick line on the scorecard for a reset. Like a wall keeping the bad scores behind it....finished the round at 5 over.

Went 41/36 for a 77 with 29 putts.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The GOOD... 37/39=76. Fun round.
The BETTER... 3 vs. 4. I was with the 3. Our three were on today. 75, my 76, and a 77. Worth $2.25!!! May need a 1099 for income tax purposes!!:D

The AWFUL... One of our weekday group, a retired military officer and a friend for some time, just returned with his wife from a trip up through New England. Suffered constipation and a couple other maladies while on the trip. Went in for a checkup. Stage 4 pancreatic cancer!!! They think it's also in his liver. He's been told to get his things in order. Some surgery that will take about 90 days before they can begin chemo... if he last that long. Picture of perfect health. Would have been one of the last in our group to suspect of that severe a health issue.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The GOOD... 37/39=76. Fun round.
The BETTER... 3 vs. 4. I was with the 3. Our three were on today. 75, my 76, and a 77. Worth $2.25!!! May need a 1099 for income tax purposes!!:D

The AWFUL... One of our weekday group, a retired military officer and a friend for some time, just returned with his wife from a trip up through New England. Suffered constipation and a couple other maladies while on the trip. Went in for a checkup. Stage 4 pancreatic cancer!!! They think it's also in his liver. He's been told to get his things in order. Some surgery that will take about 90 days before they can begin chemo... if he last that long. Picture of perfect health. Would have been one of the last in our group to suspect of that severe a health issue.
Sorry to hear this limp. Miracles do happen though.

37 (one bird and only two bogeys) and a 42 (couldn't putt) for 81 today. Played with a new member I played with once before and an old friend I haven't seen in years. (Beat 'em both). ;)

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
With your woodworking ability, I would imagine a home you remodeled would be a work of art. 15 acres??? Growing your own "medicinal" weed??? :D

I forgot. What general area of Illinois are you located in? IIRC, it was the southeast area.

SE IL. Not growing weed but I do consider myself a farmer now. :D I bought a tractor.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
I played yesterday for the first time in 4 years. Lots of minor whateveritis' were taking a toll and then a serious health scare convinced me my playing days were over. I used to play 3-4 times a week. I shot 110. That's about 25 strokes above what I was scoring when I gave it up. Most of it due to a non existent short game. I also had no clue what clubs to hit. I used to hit a 9 iron around 120. Yesterday it was more like 100. A crappy score but I enjoyed being back on a golf course.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I played yesterday for the first time in 4 years. Lots of minor whateveritis' were taking a toll and then a serious health scare convinced me my playing days were over. I used to play 3-4 times a week. I shot 110. That's about 25 strokes above what I was scoring when I gave it up. Most of it due to a non existent short game. I also had no clue what clubs to hit. I used to hit a 9 iron around 120. Yesterday it was more like 100. A crappy score but I enjoyed being back on a golf course.
If you haven't played in 4 years, do NOT be too disappointed in a missing short game. The touch required for a good short game is one of the first things to go during a layoff. Get back on the course and the more often you play the better the short game will become.
As far as iron distance, it's all about learning how far you hit each iron and being able to repeat that. Our group of old geezers will take on most groups of young flat-bellies. We have some who use their 7 and 9 woods down to well inside 150 yards. But, they don't worry about what club. They worry about hitting each club the same distance each time and knowing what that distance is. Again, that will come with more play!!

Members online

No members online now.