• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Supposed to be rained out this morning. Some storms west, but no guarantee they would hit us. As we teed off on #6, the lightening began flashing and crashing. We finished #6 and headed towards the clubhouse. Sky opened and was soaked by the time we got under shelter at the clubhouse. Wasn't playing all that bad. Lightning is just one thing I won't mess with.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
On Saturday I played the annual charity event that benefits my friend’s foundation. The group ahead of me consisted of:
Jon Anderson - who was the first person to win the Boston Marathon (1973) in Nike shoes. He worked with Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight to develop Nikes.
Ryan Duchene - who founded Caddies 4 Cure.
And
Alonzo Mourning (You know, the NBA champion, 7-time All-star, Hall of Famer, retired jersey, Olympic gold medal winner, etc…)

Alonzo only played 9 holes because he had to go to some award ceremony. I didn’t bother to ask for a picture because I think that’s tacky. My drunk friend didn’t care about tact, mainly because he has none, so he got a pic with Zo. It was cool to talk to the marathon runner - hearing personal stories about Nike in its infancy. We let him take as many mulligans as he wanted.

My highlight: On the 18th hole there is a plaque in the fairway where Duffy Waldorf holed a 4-iron from 204 yards for an albatross during the Portland Open. My drive stopped about 10 feet away from the plaque, but our pin was on the back of the green, over the lake, 213 yards. I cut a perfect 3-iron which hit and stuck about 6 feet away. I made the putt for eagle. Duffy’s shot was way easier… :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
On Saturday I played the annual charity event that benefits my friend’s foundation. The group ahead of me consisted of:
Jon Anderson - who was the first person to win the Boston Marathon (1973) in Nike shoes. He worked with Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight to develop Nikes.
Ryan Duchene - who founded Caddies 4 Cure.
And
Alonzo Mourning (You know, the NBA champion, 7-time All-star, Hall of Famer, retired jersey, Olympic gold medal winner, etc…)

Alonzo only played 9 holes because he had to go to some award ceremony. I didn’t bother to ask for a picture because I think that’s tacky. My drunk friend didn’t care about tact, mainly because he has none, so he got a pic with Zo. It was cool to talk to the marathon runner - hearing personal stories about Nike in its infancy. We let him take as many mulligans as he wanted.

My highlight: On the 18th hole there is a plaque in the fairway where Duffy Waldorf holed a 4-iron from 204 yards for an albatross during the Portland Open. My drive stopped about 10 feet away from the plaque, but our pin was on the back of the green, over the lake, 213 yards. I cut a perfect 3-iron which hit and stuck about 6 feet away. I made the putt for eagle. Duffy’s shot was way easier… :D
FANTASTIC story!!!! What a fun day!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
First nine two bogeys and the rest pars for a 38. Second nine one bogey, two birds and the rest pars for a 35! One under. Best round ever (I think)! 73. I'm going to have more surgery! Maybe brain surgery. :rolleyes:
Sandbagger!!!!! Now, you've beat my personal best. I used to like you!!!!:D:D GREAT round!! If someone would have told you 4 or 5 months ago you'd be carding rounds in the lower 70's this summer, would you have believed them??

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Weird round today. 44, 40 at Pendleton Golf Club. 8 straight bogeys on the front with a par on #9. Then 5 pars and 4 bogeys on the back. ZERO double bogeys. When I have ZERO double bogeys, my scores are usually around or below 80. Weird round.
Pendleton is a tough track. That is a decent score.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Sandbagger!!!!! Now, you've beat my personal best. I used to like you!!!!:D:D GREAT round!! If someone would have told you 4 or 5 months ago you'd be carding rounds in the lower 70's this summer, would you have believed them??
The first few times golfing after surgery made me think I'd never break 100 again. The driver felt like it weighed 50 lbs., I could not hit it off the tee. It was so frustrating. I finally changed my swing so I could at least hit the ball. That small change has made me so much better (accuracy wise) .

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
42/41=83. Another tough morning. Pulled the tool box off the back of my truck this past week to load brush. It's the LARGE WeatherGuard box. Got it off okay and into the garage. Tried to put it back on yesterday. Used to be not that big of a job... when I was younger. Back and shoulders were "talking" to me this morning. Struggle to just get out of bed. Took the first nine holes to get the kinks out. Score much better than I played.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played back nine first and had 2 birdies to offset my 2 bogeys (nothing worse) and shot par 36. Second nine wasn't quite so good. Shot a 42 but had a bird on one of the par fives. Long drive that blew away my partners by 50 yards (probably 250ish) and right down the middle. Hit my 3-wood from 220 at the right side of the green and it took a nice draw to land on the green and roll "just" off the back. Missed long eagle putt by an inch but made the bird.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online