• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
40/40=80. Putting good. Irons crisp. Driving horrendous.

Tomorrow is our club championship. Three divisions... Open, Senior, and Super Senior. Hope to have a chance in the scratch SS group. Will certainly need to play better than I have the past few days. The handicapped division will see someone claiming a 20 handicap shooting even par. We who pay for the handicap service and record our rounds are at a distinct disadvantage. Many will say they average 95 and haven't been out of the 70's all year. But, it should be a fun day. 18 holes of golf. Steak supper afterwards. Lots of prizes.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
40/40=80. Putting good. Irons crisp. Driving horrendous.

Tomorrow is our club championship. Three divisions... Open, Senior, and Super Senior. Hope to have a chance in the scratch SS group. Will certainly need to play better than I have the past few days. The handicapped division will see someone claiming a 20 handicap shooting even par. We who pay for the handicap service and record our rounds are at a distinct disadvantage. Many will say they average 95 and haven't been out of the 70's all year. But, it should be a fun day. 18 holes of golf. Steak supper afterwards. Lots of prizes.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Many will say they average 95 and haven't been out of the 70's all year.
I can't even imagine a club championship in which you get the handicap you claim you have. WTF is that? If you can't show a documented handicap, you play in the scratch division, period. Jaysus!

Play well Limp! Good luck!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
There is an area wide senior's group that rotates amongst about 6 courses over the summer. When it was at our course a few weeks ago, a guy who claimed a 19 handicap shot a 73... a net 54!!! That's one reason I won't play in those type competitions.
When I played in the match play this summer where we had 4 area courses do a round robin, got stomped the first match by a couple of "high handicappers" from a neighboring course.

Only playing this one in an attempt to support the course. Will see how it plays out.

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
There is an area wide senior's group that rotates amongst about 6 courses over the summer. When it was at our course a few weeks ago, a guy who claimed a 19 handicap shot a 73... a net 54!!! That's one reason I won't play in those type competitions.
When I played in the match play this summer where we had 4 area courses do a round robin, got stomped the first match by a couple of "high handicappers" from a neighboring course.

Only playing this one in an attempt to support the course. Will see how it plays out.
Well, if the sandbagging is rampant, you're better off in the scratch division. Beat em all!

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country

Well, if the sandbagging is rampant, you're better off in the scratch division. Beat em all!

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
My son in law shot this today in Talkeetna, AK

11466.jpg

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Ran around Schoolhouse 9. They had a tournament that started at 11 and we teed off at 10:25. Walking off 9 as the first group was teeing off on 1. Hit and Move. No idea of score.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Ran around Schoolhouse 9. They had a tournament that started at 11 and we teed off at 10:25. Walking off 9 as the first group was teeing off on 1. Hit and Move. No idea of score.

🔥 Latest posts