• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
A big'un.

We don't have Moose in my neck of the woods. Is Moose meat any good? As good as venison?
Depends on how you make it. I had some up in Canada years ago (big steak) that was the driest, toughest meat I've ever eaten. Had it again made by my SIL and it was really good.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Reminds me of my MIL. Meat does not have to be gray!
If the Good Lord hadn't meant for meat to be cooked to 'well done', he wouldn't have let us invent fire. We have modern cooking appliances and grills for the purpose of cooking meat to where it's a little black on the outside and no pink on the inside. Sheesh!!!!:rolleyes:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Reminds me of my MIL. Meat does not have to be gray!
If the Good Lord hadn't meant for meat to be cooked to 'well done', he wouldn't have let us invent fire. We have modern cooking appliances and grills for the purpose of cooking meat to where it's a little black on the outside

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough day! 40/40=80. Did NOT feel that good. 5 1/2 hour round. @#$%^ Could not believe the slow play. Tournament golf and I simply do not get along well. I have recorded every one of my scores on the handicap software at the course. Have played well, playing 7 days/week. The GHIN has me at a 7.3. Therefore, I had to play at a 7... or shoot 79 to be even. Well, we had a number of low to mid 60's in the Super Senior division. One 11 capper shot an even par for a net 61!!!! IIRC, there were 3 or 4 at 65 or lower net. "Bagger caps"!!!!

Son-in-law took 3rd in the open division. No cap... just scratch scores. He was extremely happy with that.

No more tournament golf until at least next year... if I am still playing this dastardly game!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
40/38+78 today. Really humid and no cart girl. I was sweating like a pig. Got done and had a nice Absolute and tonic with a lime in the clubhouse. REALLY tasted good.

I must be half in the bag. 40/38+78? 40+38=78 And someone find a computer guru so we don't have all these double posts.

Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
39 & 38 today with 7 clubs in the bag. 18 holes with SWMBO and our usual match play outing. She was one up going into 18 and I par'd and she bogey'd. She gets a stroke on the par 4s so she beat me one up.

I carried a 10.5* Adams driver, Cobra 20* FW, Cobra 25* hybrid, PING Eye 2 8i, W, SW, and the Scotty. Apparently, I only need 7 sticks in the bag. The weird thing is, I only wished I had the 7 iron once and never missed any of the other irons.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
39 & 38 today with 7 clubs in the bag. 18 holes with SWMBO and our usual match play outing. She was one up going into 18 and I par'd and she bogey'd. She gets a stroke on the par 4s so she beat me one up.

I carried a 10.5* Adams driver, Cobra 20* FW, Cobra 25* hybrid, PING Eye 2 8i, W, SW, and the Scotty. Apparently, I only need 7 sticks in the bag. The weird thing is, I only wished I had the 7 iron once and never missed any of the other irons.
Minimal bag FTW!

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

Minimal bag FTW!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online