• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Off #1 in a fairly heavy fog and 47 degrees. No wind, so wasn't that bad. Fog began lifting by hole 3 or 4. Stayed cloudy and with damp air. Ball wasn't traveling far. Just two of us and played from the back tees. 18 holes in exactly 2 hours. 40/40=80. Why would ANYONE ever think about playing ANYTHING other than Ping Eye 2's!!!!!! Had no hybrids in the bag. Just playing driver, Mini, 5-wood and Eye 2 irons. Makes the game easy again. Of course, the putter was also working well today.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I recovered from my travel hangover and was hitting it solid today. I played a nice old Florida track called Crystal River Golf Club. It's a traditional/easy flat Florida style bermuda course with tiny greens, but wide fairways. Plenty of sand bunkers and brillo-pad style bermuda rough. Keep it in the fairways and you can score here. I played with a golf buddy who only plays when I'm here and we had a great time, mostly because I HAD 2 BIRDIES AND AN EAGLE/HOLE-IN-ONE-ACE ON THE BACK NINE FOR A 74!!!!! (we started on #10, payed white tees) This is my 2nd witnessed Ace - I love Florida.:cool::D
20171101_140854.jpg

20171101_130042.jpg

Well done!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
50 degrees F, overcast, damp, with 5 mph winds when we started this morning. By about hole 6 the wind was up to 15 mph. Finished with 25 mph north winds... still 50 degrees.... still overcast and damp. Felt much colder than it was. Played horrendously!!! 45/44!!! If I wouldn't have made a few putts, it would have been worse than that. Still really enjoying the Eye 2's, though.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Thanks Jack. Pure luck, although I did hit a solid shot onto the green. It just rolled up and found the hole. Alan was speechless. :)

Sometimes a little luck is all you need!

Too bad it was one of those piss yellow balls, Should have swapped it out for the photo.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
42/42 with 30 putts. Wind was blowing hard today but it was high 70's in Middle TN. Left a lot of shots out there and it was a crazy long round but all in all it's better than sitting on my ass all afternoon. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online