• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
61° and sunny today in Wisconsin. I played 18 with a friend. Was beautiful. Didn't play well but got better as the round went. Birdied the last hole (par 5). LONG drive and 3-wood to 20 feet in front of the green. Chipped close and made the bird. Otherwise chunked too many shots. Haven't played in almost a month but stayed in the 40's.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Pretty inconsistent today. Had a few birdies but still carded an 87.
Make more putts, Greg. You're welcome. ;)

Hey, I'm getting some shafts for Christmas and need to build up a bag for the VA casa. I am leaving the Hogans here. Thinking about the TE Forged or DBM heads. Thoughts?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Frost delay this morning. 10:00 before they let us go off #1. Just two of us off first so played very quick. Another good round. 39/38 for a 77. Made a couple long putts. Sheesh! The two days after Thanksgiving and we are playing golf. That alone is a blessing. Then, to have both of those days carding scores in the 70's.... Life is good!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Make more putts, Greg. You're welcome. ;)

Hey, I'm getting some shafts for Christmas and need to build up a bag for the VA casa. I am leaving the Hogans here. Thinking about the TE Forged or DBM heads. Thoughts?

They are the same heads right? One chrome and the other black. Pick which color you like the best.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
They are the same heads right? One chrome and the other black. Pick which color you like the best.
Yes- I like the chrome the best, but two of the heads show as backordered. I know they are coming out with a new forged head in the Spring, so I wonder if this is the end of the TE Forged. The DBM is new for 2016, I think and each head is $5 more expensive. The weird thing is, they show TE Club Packs as "In Stock" so they must have the heads.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Played today in 25mph wind, rain, hail, sunshine and just about everything else. +7 for 16 holes. In those conditions, I'll take it. My hands were numb and I was wearing just about all the clothes I own. Pretty sure I saw an arctic fox on the back nine.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Yes- I like the chrome the best, but two of the heads show as backordered. I know they are coming out with a new forged head in the Spring, so I wonder if this is the end of the TE Forged. The DBM is new for 2016, I think and each head is $5 more expensive. The weird thing is, they show TE Club Packs as "In Stock" so they must have the heads.

Order a club pack.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough around the edges this morning. 42/42 for an 84. Too much experimenting this time of year. Put a 5-wood shaft in the Mini. My 3h shaft in my 3-wood. My 4h shaft in the 5-wood. Just messing around with a
"short shaft day". Back to our "quarter game" tomorrow so will change things back to near where they belong.

Members online

No members online now.