• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
You're complaining about an 83? I'd be bragging. :confused:
You played some really good golf this past season... Even with major surgery!!! Overall, yes, I've had a good year also. But, I played 7 days/week a lot of the year. 141 rounds at our home course between March 1 and November 15. Add to those rounds 3 in Minnesota, 4 in Iowa, 1 in Kentucky.... I've played enough to keep the short game in check. My problem is not the final score as much as it is how the round "felt". This morning could have been so much worse. When I was toying around with shafts, I inadvertently stuck a driver shaft in my 5-wood. The one time I did try to hit it, I dug it into the ground a foot behind the ball. Never been able to hit the Callaway hybrids but watched a YouTube video and thought that would fix it. Didn't!!! So, I had nothing between the Mini and my 4-iron. Most of the time I would pull one of the hybrids and top the durn thing down the fairway instead of hitting a nice crisp 4-iron. So, they round felt more like a 93 than 83. The short game... the chipping and putting kept the score from skyrocketing.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Pull them and sell them to you.
67e4d44dc738bc41c88dbf9ae5247dbe.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just the opposite of yesterday. The game felt good. Made a lot of excellent hybrid and iron shots. Drove the ball very well. Just could not score. The game "felt" so much better than yesterday but was only one stroke lower. 82 today. 83 yesterday. Today, the strokes lost were mainly putting. I decided at the last minute to give one of my Anser 4's some daylight. Should have left the Scotty in the bag.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I guess I could update ya'll on my no FW or Hybrids strategy. My 81 included 5 putts that rimmed the hole and did not drop. It was a solid round for me. The driver was spot on and the 3 iron advanced me enough on the three par 5s (2nd shot) to get me into short iron range. My approach shot on the #2 par 4 was 165 out to a back pin. I struck a solid 4 iron that rolled to pin high. I hope this iron play continues.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.