• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Just the opposite of yesterday. The game felt good. Made a lot of excellent hybrid and iron shots. Drove the ball very well. Just could not score. The game "felt" so much better than yesterday but was only one stroke lower. 82 today. 83 yesterday. Today, the strokes lost were mainly putting. I decided at the last minute to give one of my Anser 4's some daylight. Should have left the Scotty in the bag.
Some times the ball just won't go in the fvcking hole.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I struck a solid 4 iron that rolled to pin high. I hope this iron play continues.
Still in awe over the difference the Eye 2's have made in my iron game. They've quickly become sorta "robots" in that you can talk to them from your mind. "Hmmm... let's hit a 5-yard cut around that tree and land it on the green." Done. "Hmmm... I hit my drive to where there is a tall tree between my ball and the pin. Mr. 6-iron, let's take it up over the tree with a little draw against the wind and see if we can land it close." Done. I just had to learn that my PW was a gap wedge and my 9-iron a pitching wedge and on up the ladder. Once the yardages are somewhat ingrained, the iron game is about the easiest I've seen it in some time.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Still in awe over the difference the Eye 2's have made in my iron game. They've quickly become sorta "robots" in that you can talk to them from your mind. "Hmmm... let's hit a 5-yard cut around that tree and land it on the green." Done. "Hmmm... I hit my drive to where there is a tall tree between my ball and the pin. Mr. 6-iron, let's take it up over the tree with a little draw against the wind and see if we can land it close." Done. I just had to learn that my PW was a gap wedge and my 9-iron a pitching wedge and on up the ladder. Once the yardages are somewhat ingrained, the iron game is about the easiest I've seen it in some time.
They can be like cheating!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
They are cheating. Ping cheaters! :cool:
Hey! At 71 years old... bad back, bad knees, can't hear, can't see... the son-in-law calls it the "cheater tees" when we play from the "senior" set. Now some young flat-belly from the upside-down part of the Earth is saying my Ping irons are "cheating". Well, ain't y'all got no respect for your elders??? I outta drive down there and kick your .............:D:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hey! At 71 years old... bad back, bad knees, can't hear, can't see... the son-in-law calls it the "cheater tees" when we play from the "senior" set. Now some young flat-belly from the upside-down part of the Earth is saying my Ping irons are "cheating". Well, ain't y'all got no respect for your elders??? I outta drive down there and kick your .............:D:D

oz-down-under-.jpeg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, when you start out with long sleeve shirt, hoodie, and two wind shirts it's pretty durn difficult to swing well. Add a stocking hat and gloves.... Still went 40 on the front but fell apart on the back. 40/43 for an 83. An 83 won a couple quarters earlier in the week. Today... that 83 lost $2.00!!! Again, with "Wolf" it all depends on the right partner at the right time.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Was embarrassed losing the $2.00 yesterday. Also had a little burr under my collar with one of our regular players this morning. So... I was out for blood. 38/37 for a 76. But, between luck and making sure no matter who my partner was I was going to try to win the hole... walked away with $3.50 in winnings. For a 5-man "Wolf" game for quarters, $3.50 is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I may get disinvited to the Christmas Party!!!

Everything seemed to work pretty well today. I did miss a couple birdie putts that could have easily handed me a lower score. The Eye 2's have been money, so may pull them and put the G-Max irons back in! (Stupid is as stupid does!) Still thinking a winter project will be to pull the grip on my Scotty, lengthen it 2", and install a Super Stroke Flatso on is. Can't leave anything alone that is working well. Just have this addiction to tinkering.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
86 at Brookesville CC. Very cool layout with some holes on the back nine that pass thru a deep quarry. A buddy from VA was in FL visiting his parents and met me there. 77 for him, 86 for me. I played pretty well but 6000 yards is just a little long for me and my up and down game was just OK for playing a new layout. I posted some pics in the appropriate thread.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Winter temps have set in up here so imagined I shot a 38 and 41. I'm a legend in my own mind. No snow yet though. Courses are still open but I don't golf when the temp is below 60° F.

:(

I'll just watch your scores and wish I was playing with you.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We had a short frost delay this morning. Expected this time of year. Played terribly. Scored better than I played. 83. 45 on the front and came back with a 38. Put driver away on #11 and just hit the Mini from there on. I think driver(s) will stay in the basement until Spring. Everything just felt "clumsy". But... playing golf in December... I'll take it!!!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.