• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Back on the course after a couple week hiatus due to snow. They opened about 2 p.m. yesterday and we were there bright and early this morning. We got to 62 yesterday afternoon. Only down to 50 overnight and the south winds really began to blow. Thawed everything out, big time. Good temps this morning. Trying to get back in the swing of things with sustained 30 mph wind and gusts to over 40 mph. It was impossible to keep from being moved back and forth while trying to set up to the ball. Play in January? Will take it in almost any conditions!!!!

Started out rusty. 43 on the front which should probably have been satisfied with. Just wasn't "clean". Moved to the back and started to get some bounces. 2 bogeys. 2 birdies. 5 pars. Even 36 on the back!!! Made a couple long putts that were nothing but a "hit and hope".

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Rolled an 89 on the Mountain Course. It was good to get out!
IMG_0159.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
A little frost this morning but turned out to be a beautiful day. Even tied the doors open in the cart. Didn't score as well as yesterday. 40/41 for an 81. Still, golf in January in Kansas in upper 50 degree temps............

BogeySwine

Feb 16, 2017
41/41 yesterday with 4 three-putts greens. Argh@!

Shoveled the driveway on Saturday! Drove up to the air supported dome and worked with my short irons. Practiced my putting on the carpet when I got home. Shoveled off the driveway again this morning! Plan on meeting some of the guys at the saloon tonight for two beers. Weatherman says we'll get another inch or two of snow tonight! Maybe the dome again on Saturday? Winter will probably be over in six to eight weeks.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Played 3 days in a row in January on the 21, 22, and 23. Was on a golf/gambling vacation with my buddies down in Tunica MS. The beer was plentiful as were the scores. We didn't give a crap, had a blast and that is all that matters.

Also of note...I have never played so horribly and had as much fun in my entire life. We had the courses to ourselves and I'm pretty sure ALL the real estate was used. It was nice to knock the rust off and not care about the score on the card.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played 3 days in a row in January on the 21, 22, and 23. Was on a golf/gambling vacation with my buddies down in Tunica MS. The beer was plentiful as were the scores. We didn't give a crap, had a blast and that is all that matters.

Also of note...I have never played so horribly and had as much fun in my entire life. We had the courses to ourselves and I'm pretty sure ALL the real estate was used. It was nice to knock the rust off and not care about the score on the card.
What a fun time!!! Sounds like it was a blast!

Members online