• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
First full round in February, due to the weather. 52 degrees, cloudy, with light north wind. Required a sweatshirt and windshirt, but not all that bad. 40/37!!!! Never would have believed I could play that well after a layoff. If I could have putted, it would have been a lot better. Still struggling with the putter and with making course management decisions. Best part of the day? Came home $3.25 richer than when I left. Cleaned the geezers pockets!! And they've played a couple of times this month, one of those rounds as recent as yesterday. Suckers!!!!! Heck! I hardly ever stole $3 from them when the weather was perfect and I was playing every day.
Maybe your aging old body had time to rejuvenate itself?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Maybe your aging old body had time to rejuvenate itself?
Hey! That's elder abuse! I'm forever damaged, emotionally, by such remarks. My attorney will be contacting you.... As soon as I remember his name.:D

I am SO out of shape after this winter. Between spending time in classrooms, getting no physical exercise and it being too cold to play golf and walk the dog... I'm a pathetic weakling right now. Gotta get the old bod back in shape!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hey! That's elder abuse! I'm forever damaged, emotionally, by such remarks. My attorney will be contacting you.... As soon as I remember his name.:D

I am SO out of shape after this winter. Between spending time in classrooms, getting no physical exercise and it being too cold to play golf and walk the dog... I'm a pathetic weakling right now. Gotta get the old bod back in shape!!!
But then t;he golf game might go down because of getting muscle bound.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Man, this old game is infuriating. Played Saturday, hit a lot of great shots, but the putter was out of sorts. I missed 3 or 4 makeable putts from 6-10 ft. Felt like I hit decent putts, just didn't drop. Chipping was not just as tight as it needed to be. Shot +6 for 16 holes and felt like I played as well as the week before (+1). A five-shot swing is a lot.

I guess that pretty much summarizes the game.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Man, this old game is infuriating. Played Saturday, hit a lot of great shots, but the putter was out of sorts. I missed 3 or 4 makeable putts from 6-10 ft. Felt like I hit decent putts, just didn't drop. Chipping was not just as tight as it needed to be. Shot +6 for 16 holes and felt like I played as well as the week before (+1). A five-shot swing is a lot.

I guess that pretty much summarizes the game.
The Golf Gods giveth, and the Golf Gods taketh away.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
60's today and the course is back open!!! That's the good news. Played terrible!! Score didn't look that bad on paper. 41/40. After a few week layoff, should be happy with that. No help from teammates. Lost $2.00!!!! Durn golf!!!!

Nice again tomorrow. Gotta win back some of that money or head to the local bread basket to get food for the rest of the week!!! :>)

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
60's today and the course is back open!!! That's the good news. Played terrible!! Score didn't look that bad on paper. 41/40. After a few week layoff, should be happy with that. No help from teammates. Lost $2.00!!!! Durn golf!!!!

Nice again tomorrow. Gotta win back some of that money or head to the local bread basket to get food for the rest of the week!!! :>)

The Phoenix will rise again...

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

81 is terrible on the PGA Tour. Everywhere else, it's pretty good golf. ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another beautiful day. A little more wind, but only 20 to 25 mph. 39/40 for a 79. Won back $1.50 of the $2.00 lost yesterday. Whoopeee!!! Beginning to get used to the change I made in my putter. Made some nice putts today. Tee shots went haywire the last 5 holes or could have finished even lower.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, up 50 cents for the week. Lost $2.00 on Monday. Got back $1.50 yesterday. Another $1.00 from those suckers today!!! Rough day on the course, though. 42/42 for a sloppy 84. After beautiful weather the past two days, WBL and Company sent cold north winds this way today. Temps steadily dropping with north winds gusting to 20 mph. Really need to work on my chipping. Been inconsistent... VERY inconsistent. If it weren't for rolling in some long putts that I would normally miss, would be scoring much worse.
Teaching tomorrow and the weather is forecast to be awful anyway.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, up 50 cents for the week. Lost $2.00 on Monday. Got back $1.50 yesterday. Another $1.00 from those suckers today!!! Rough day on the course, though. 42/42 for a sloppy 84. After beautiful weather the past two days, WBL and Company sent cold north winds this way today. Temps steadily dropping with north winds gusting to 20 mph. Really need to work on my chipping. Been inconsistent... VERY inconsistent. If it weren't for rolling in some long putts that I would normally miss, would be scoring much worse.
Teaching tomorrow and the weather is forecast to be awful anyway.
Better wear your body armor in case that troublemaker brings in a gun. :devil:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Cold and windy this morning. Just three of us showed. And, we were the only three on the course until around noon. I stuck the old Ping Eye 2's in the bag to give them some fresh air. Still an amazing set of irons. If it weren't for the ancient hands, wrists, and elbows I'd leave them in the bag. The graphite shafts in my GMax irons simply absorb so much more shock and are easier on the joints. The Eye 2's area almost exactly 1 club shorter than the GMax. The GMax have jacked up lofts, longer shafts, and lighter flex shafts. Why wouldn't they send the ball further?
The greens had become awfully shaggy over the dormant winter time. Yesterday, the crew mowed and rolled the greens. Sheesh. From slow winter greens to a tight mowed and rolled surface?? It was difficult to judge distance. Heck! It was difficult to keep a putt on the green!
Still had another 42/42, duplicate of the last round. The GMax are back in the bag, however, for the weekend rounds.

Members online

No members online now.