• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
77 yesterday to an 85 today. Why? A triple on #10. Too many bogeys. Driver was erratic. About halfway through the back figured out why. I mess with the adapter settings way too much. Instead of setting it at +1 draw, evidently my old eyes let me set it at -1 draw. That'll be fixed before heading back to the course.

I've had the Eye 2's in the bag the last couple of days. They've actually been working pretty well. Been carrying the 4-PW. My set is 3-PW. Been looking for a SW and LW. Lo and behold, one of the regular group has an Eye 2 SW in his bag this morning. When I commented, he said it was part of an old set he used to play which is missing a couple irons. I told him if he ever wanted to get rid of the SW to let me know. He walks over, shoves the SW in my bag, and says "There ya go!" I tried to get a price out of him. He wouldn't take anything for it. It needed a grip really bad. Stuck one of my Lamkin Crossline Midsize on it. It matches my set perfectly!!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
First time I have teed it up in ~ 3 weeks. Played with my 9-year-old son. I managed to drag him away from the computer and we played ~6 holes. He plays hurling and it shows, he hit the ball great (50-70 yards, sometimes further!) but his putting sucks. I tried to incentivise him as his boredom threshold is low. So I gave him challenges. On two par fours I told him that if he got it in the hole in 10 or less, it would be a hot chocolate (a good currency for 9-year-olds) and both times he did, but on both occasions, 5 putts were required. He was just cosying it up to a few inches, professional lags. He cleaned me out! Wish I'd take some videos. Good times!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just having trouble playing this game right now. It is a struggle. Cannot get off the tee. Coming over the top on everything from driver to fairways to irons. Even shanking some wedges. Playing from places... bad places... I've never played from on our course. The scores aren't terrible. They are certainly far worse than they should be. Today was 43/40. That is a good score. I anyone saw the recovery shots, putts that usually don't go in, and just pure luck to get there.... One more day, Friday, and then I'm busy and not playing for at least 7 days. Maybe a good rest will fix what ails me.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah right. No PaPaD post. And no 81. First time out in 3 months. It was 58° F, sunny and 4 mph wind. Some snow on the course. Lot's of mud holes. As every year in Wisconsin have to completely re-learn the game. sssmokin and I SUCKED. But it was fun and we were playing golf. Took half the round to quit over swinging, lighten my choke hold on the grip etc. etc. Greens were slow. I HATE TaylorMade distance balls. Worst ball I've ever tried. Love my new (used) AP1 714 irons. Only clubs I could hit.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Played ok...80 from the middle tees at Rancho Vista...nice day...needed a par on 18 for a 79, but had a ball go into a tree and not come out...was a great day with the fellas, though

Attachments

• 1CE38C51-640A-45BC-9CD1-76BAAB0BD2C1.jpeg
    1CE38C51-640A-45BC-9CD1-76BAAB0BD2C1.jpeg
    874.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 278C19CF-15FE-49EA-B95A-291315A7AE84.jpeg
    278C19CF-15FE-49EA-B95A-291315A7AE84.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 51

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.