• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Played ok...80 from the middle tees at Rancho Vista...nice day...needed a par on 18 for a 79, but had a ball go into a tree and not come out...was a great day with the fellas, though
The USGA no longer allows beer to be consumed while playing golf!!!:D:D:D

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
80 at Juliette Falls on Saturday. What a beautiful course. Turf conditions were well worth the extra $s.
20180317_130334.jpg

20180317_130341.jpg
20180317_101613.jpg
20180317_103009.jpg

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
82 today. Raining and cold in the a.m. One of our regulars and I went back out at 1:30 and played. Still a little chilly and damp. Better than sitting in the recliner, though.

About ready to give up on the G-Max irons. I've played them quite a while and just cannot seem to conquer them. Life's too short to play irons you are beginning to hate. The Eye 2's will be back in the bag when I head to the course on Wednesday.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Cold, damp, and breezy again today. Just two of us "man enough" to play. Sheesh! Had the old 1988 Eye 2's in the bag. 39/37 for a 76!! The back was 8 pars and 1 bogey. We were playing 'pars or better to win' skins. With our huge stakes... 25 cent skins... I came away with $1.50!!! Won $1.00 yesterday. May need to begin having these guys give me 1099's to satisfy the IRS!!!
My local golf shop is on the hunt for me a different set of irons. They have an immaculate set of 712 AP2's. Problem is the S300 shafts. Going from G-Max with SR graphite shafts to AP2's with S300's would be swinging the pendulum too far. For now, I'm going "retro" with the Eye 2's.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Cold, damp, and breezy again today. Just two of us "man enough" to play. Sheesh! Had the old 1988 Eye 2's in the bag. 39/37 for a 76!! The back was 8 pars and 1 bogey. We were playing 'pars or better to win' skins. With our huge stakes... 25 cent skins... I came away with $1.50!!! Won $1.00 yesterday. May need to begin having these guys give me 1099's to satisfy the IRS!!!
My local golf shop is on the hunt for me a different set of irons. They have an immaculate set of 712 AP2's. Problem is the S300 shafts. Going from G-Max with SR graphite shafts to AP2's with S300's would be swinging the pendulum too far. For now, I'm going "retro" with the Eye 2's.

Titleist AP1 714 Iron Set 4-AW XP 95 Steel Regular RH Very Good! | eBay

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I had a mixed set of AP1/AP2's. The 4, 5, and 6 irons were AP1. 7 thru PW were the forged AP2. Hated the AP1's! Those should have been much easier to hit than the AP2's... but, for me, weren't. I know. I just ain't right in the head!:(
Sunday when hacking and chopping those AP1's were the only club that I hit good. I wanted the AP2's but t;he price was right on these and I'm happy with them.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Another "interesting" back 9 today. Was -2 on the back thru #16. Bogeyed the last two holes to card the back at an even par 36. Putts on 17 and 18 lipped out. Everyone thought the putt on 17 was going down when it suddenly got scared of the dark and popped back out. 41/36 for a 77. One of these days I AM gonna shoot my age!!!

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
What did you shoot today? Or what are your most recent scores?
Let here how your doing.
It's ugly. It's not good. I can't even give you numbers for my last two rounds. I had to drop so many balls and take so many unplayables, that I drew a line through the remaining holes on the card.
Normally, 100 is a fair round for me. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not expecting to break par or come close.
I play with my friend Rick most of the time. We're about equal. We're retired. We don't play for money - just bragging rights.
Anyway, we're often paired with really good players. Not always, of course. But today, these two guys were pretty damned good. One eagled the last hole - a par 5. The way they were hitting - so long - so consistent. While I had some good shots but I lost so many balls in the round I lost count. And had to stop keeping score, even. If I didn't love getting out there, and hitting the isolated good shot now and then, I'd find a new way to torment myself.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It's ugly. It's not good. I can't even give you numbers for my last two rounds. I had to drop so many balls and take so many unplayables, that I drew a line through the remaining holes on the card.
Normally, 100 is a fair round for me. Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not expecting to break par or come close.
I play with my friend Rick most of the time. We're about equal. We're retired. We don't play for money - just bragging rights.
Anyway, we're often paired with really good players. Not always, of course. But today, these two guys were pretty damned good. One eagled the last hole - a par 5. The way they were hitting - so long - so consistent. While I had some good shots but I lost so many balls in the round I lost count. And had to stop keeping score, even. If I didn't love getting out there, and hitting the isolated good shot now and then, I'd find a new way to torment myself.
What's better? Out enjoying the fresh air and conversation, regardless of how well we play... Or, sitting in a recliner waiting to die. I know that's a little dramatic. Yet, when most of the geezers in our group have a bad shot, a bad hole, or a bad round we will laugh and talk about how lucky we are to even be out there. So many don't have the health or financial means to play this Great Game. If I turn 90 and can't break 100... I'll still be out there if I can walk or crawl to the first tee.
"Old Ed" was back out today are out home course. He is 91 years old. Walks 9 holes three or four times/week when the weather is good. He and two of his friends followed us off the tee. We were four in two carts. We play fast. Yet, those three "ancients" did a pretty good job of keeping up with us until about hole 6. They don't hit it far. They just keep it in front of them and never stop moving forward.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
43/42 for an 85 and uglier than even that!! NOTHING worked! Tee ball. Fairways. Irons. Chipping. Putting. NOTHING!!!! Gonna sell all my clubs, buy checkers and a checkerboard, and have the wife put me in a nursing home! Golf is much too difficult for an old man!!!!:rolleyes:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
43/42 for an 85 and uglier than even that!! NOTHING worked! Tee ball. Fairways. Irons. Chipping. Putting. NOTHING!!!! Gonna sell all my clubs, buy checkers and a checkerboard, and have the wife put me in a nursing home! Golf is much too difficult for an old man!!!!:rolleyes:
I know a whole lot of flat bellies that would kill to shoot those scores. And a lot of beer bellies. :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I know a whole lot of flat bellies that would kill to shoot those scores. And a lot of beer bellies. :)
I understand that. Every day the Good Lord gives me and I am able to play golf is a blessing. It is just frustrating when you know you can play so much better than you do... and can't fix it when the wheels fall off. After carding even par 36 on the back nine yesterday, I was whining because the two bogeys saw good putts either lip out of miss by a hair's width. Today, one of the guys said the rough round was golf's "payback" for whining after such a good score yesterday. Golf is an evil and frustrating mistress. If I dissed her yesterday, she may well have cast a spell today just to show who's boss.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online