• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
80 today. Much better than yesterday. Cured the s****s from yesterday. Everything worked pretty well. Two birdie putts lipped out. One more day to play and then taking a 10-day road trip. Weather finally ready to change to nice golfing weather and the wife decides we are going to go driving. Don't know if I'll keep her around for another 50 years or not!!! :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Heading out tomorrow for a 10-day road trip. Driving through Misery, Illinois, Indiana, to Kentucky. Then on to Charleston, SC. Wanted to play halfway decent on my final round for a while. 40/39. I'll take that. Now, get the clubs to the basement and kiss them goodbye for a while.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
2nd time out this year. Didn't make the mistakes I made last month. Driver was okay to start but got much better as the day went on. Chipping and putting was good and love those AP1 irons. 43 and 40 for 83. I'll take it in balmy 55° F weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60° F!! Then it turns cold again with rain, ice and snow for a few days.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
2nd time out this year. Didn't make the mistakes I made last month. Driver was okay to start but got much better as the day went on. Chipping and putting was good and love those AP1 irons. 43 and 40 for 83. I'll take it in balmy 55° F weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60° F!! Then it turns cold again with rain, ice and snow for a few days.
Nice score.... for a guy who only gets to play a handful of times/year due to your weather up there!!!:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The "old fart" in our group plays a set of AP1 irons with graphite shafts. He was vacationing in Arizona about 3 years ago and found a guy "hard up for money". Paid something like $500 for the full set of 4 thru AW. Back then, they were like new. He plays them like a concert pianist would play a Steinway. I had that mixed set of AP1/AP2. Did NOT get along with them at all. It's funny how one person can fall in love with a set of irons another person can never cozy up to. Don't know whether the OTR specs might be different or what.
The iBlades supposedly replaced the "S" series you liked so well. I still cannot believe how well I've hit them. If you hit them bad, they will let you know. If you hit them well, you never feel the ball leave the clubface.
Get the rounds in you can. Have fun! You deserve it!!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Went out today because it's going to be winter here again for the next few days. It was cold and windy. I started out with two bogeys. Then something happened and I wish I could bottle it. I started hitting bombs with the driver straight down the middle and oh those beautiful AP1 irons. And that fantastic Cleveland putter. SIX pars in a row. SIX!! And on the ninth par 5 hole? Third shot 1 foot from the pin for a bird! 37 on the front. Did I say it was miserable and cold? Then started the second nine the same way with two bogeys. And the wheels came off. Other then still hitting the driver super good I couldn't hit anything else worth a crap. 44 on the back for a 81. Don't care about the back I'll take it.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Went out today because it's going to be winter here again for the next few days. It was cold and windy. I started out with two bogeys. Then something happened and I wish I could bottle it. I started hitting bombs with the driver straight down the middle and oh those beautiful AP1 irons. And that fantastic Cleveland putter. SIX pars in a row. SIX!! And on the ninth par 5 hole? Third shot 1 foot from the pin for a bird! 37 on the front. Did I say it was miserable and cold? Then started the second nine the same way with two bogeys. And the wheels came off. Other then still hitting the driver super good I couldn't hit anything else worth a crap. 44 on the back for a 81. Don't care about the back I'll take it.

GREAT ROUND - GREAT REPORT!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I have to elaborate on this more in case some of you think I'm actually good (or lying). :( It had a whole lot of LUCK involved in it. 1st two holes bogeys. Nothing major. 3rd hole pushed my drive right. Had to hit over trees to the green. Got it to land right in front of green. Two putt for par. 4th hole crushed a drive straight down the middle. Thinned my iron shot and it skipped down the fairway... and rolled on the green. :rolleyes:Two putt for par. 5th hole (par 3) hit a nice 5-ron on the green. Two putt for par. 6th hole nice drive down the middle. hybrid short of green. Chipped to 3 feet and made par. 7th hole (par 5) crushed driver down the middle. Hit nice 3-wood towards green. Chipped on and 2-putted for par. 8th hole (par 3) hit on the left side of green. Rolled the putt downhill and almost made. Tapped in for par. 9th hole (par 5) crushed a drive down the middle. 3-wood left side of fairway. Pitching wedge 1 foot from pin. Tap in birdie. When I say crushed a drive I'm talking about 250. Second nine not worth talking about. :(

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
My couples league refers to a couple of beers per hole
1546.gif

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just took this pic. Only 4-8 more inches and then we get more Wednesday. By the end of April we should be playing again.

View attachment 30092
Difficult to believe you guys put up with it!!! Right now, I'm sitting in Charleston, SC in 67 degree temps. We're cold back home but supposed to be in the 60's there tomorrow. I'll miss a good week of golf traveling around with the bride. It's worth it if I can get her to put up with me for another 50+ years.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Even with my mega hp Cub Cadet snow blower I about killed myself plowing out tonight. 2 feet on the level, 3 foot drifts and bottom was frozen from freezing rain and sleet. Worse snow storm in years. Wednesday we get more. :mad:

You forgot to comment on my last time golfing. :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.