• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
United States United States
43-41 84 Hansen Dam...terrible start (double, bogey and double) and crappy finish (bogey, bogey, bogey) but a string of pars in between...88 degrees...adding this just because - top shelf patty melt after at the bar...
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1524353753.900378.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1524353787.163085.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1524353924.311315.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Don’t call it a comeback!

My boy and I headed to our tee time yesterday morning. I told him 82 was my goal for the day, he looked at me like I was crazy, he knows and has seen me shoot WAY lower. He also knows my last round was very rusty and rough.

Promptly started with hitting a towering baby draw to a spot on the first fairway I’ve never seen. I told him that’s the farthest off the tee I’ve ever been in this hole. 297 by my GPS. Still ended with a bogey. Laid up to middle of the fairway. Approach shot struck well but slightly off line. Chip was hit well but long. 2 putt for bogey.

Same story on the second and third. Smash driver, well struck approach but just off, chip on and 2 putt.

So after 3, I’m sitting 3 over. Thinking to myself “I’m playing well, why am I not scoring?” I realized I’ve always hit a draw with my irons but these are just going a little right but straight as a string, no draw. Decided I’m going to just start taking dead aim and let it go.

Started hitting greens and ran off 3 straight pars. Also noticed I am a club longer with my irons, adjusted accordingly and finished the front with 5 bogeys and 4 pars. Putter was misbehaving a bit but I was on par for my goal for the day.

Back nine started with a laced hybrid on a dogleg left par 4 leaving 153 to the pin, normally that’s 7 iron territory for me but the way I was striking my irons pulled an 8 iron and the ball took off like a rocket and came to rest 5 feet from the pin leaving a knee knocker that I promptly missed, tapped in for par.

Bogeyed the 405 yard uphill 11th.

Stepped to the tee box for the par 5 12th and blasted a drive 308 yards by the GPS, leaving 197 to the pin, hybrid to left side off the fringe. Chipped close, tap in birdie.

Birdied the following par 3.

Bogeyed the 14th.

Doubled bogeyed the 15th. Damn green side bunkers!

Par on 16.

Bogeyed 17th.

18 is a par 5, didn’t get all of the driver so going for it in 2 was not happening, laid up leaving 97 to the pin. Sand wedge to 5 feet. Birdie putt to go 2 over on the back and 79 for the day, putt was rolled right in the heart and dropped.

41/38. 16 putts on the front and 11 on the back!!!

The Ping G400 Max is an absolute rocket launcher. Best feeling and longest driver I have ever owned.

Ping G400 3wood and hybrid are rocket launchers as well, so much forgiveness. Easiest to hit fairway wood and hybrid I’ve bagged.

Ping G700 irons are legit, just point and shoot. You can work the ball if you must but these things just want to go straight!

Ping Glide 2.0’s are fantastic, frame the ball well and have a ton of spin.

If not for a few miscues on the front this round may have been LOW.

Fun day with my boy, can’t wait to get out again soon!

Last edited:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Don’t call it a comeback!

The boy and I headed to our tee time yesterday morning. I told him 82 was my goal for the day, he looked at me like I was crazy, he knows and has seen me shoot WAY lower. He also knows my last round was very rusty and rough.

Promptly started with hitting a towering baby draw to a spot on the first fairway I’ve never seen. I told him that’s the farthest off the tee I’ve ever been in this hole. 297 by my GPS. Still ended with a bogey. Approach shot struck well but slightly off line. Chip was hit well but long. 2 putt for bogey.

Same story on the second and third. Smash driver, well struck approach but just off, chip on and 2 putt.

So after 3, I’m sitting 3 over. Thinking to myself “I’m playing well, why am I not scoring?” I realized I’ve always hit a draw with my irons but these are just going a little right but straight as a string, no draw. Decided I’m going to just start taking dead aim and let it go.

Started hitting greens and ran off 3 straight pars. Also noticed I am a club longer with my irons, adjusted accordingly and finished the front with 5 bogeys and 4 pars. Putter was misbehaving a bit but I was on par for my goal for the day.

Back nine started with a laced hybrid on a dogleg left par 4 leaving 153 to the pin, normally that’s 7 iron territory for me but the way I was striking my irons pulled an 8 iron and the ball took off like a rocket and came to rest 5 feet from the pin leaving a knee knocker that I promptly missed, tapped in for par.

Bogeyed the 405 yard uphill 11th.

Stepped to the tee box for the par 5 12th and blasted a drive 308 yards by the GPS, leaving 197 to the pin, hybrid to left side off the fringe. Chipped close, tap in birdie.

Birdied the following par 3.

Bogeyed the 14th.

Doubled bogeyed the 15th. Damn green side bunkers!

Par on 16.

Bogeyed 17th.

18 is a par 5, didn’t get all of the driver so going for it in 2 was not happening, laid up leaving 97 to the pin. Sand wedge to 5 feet. Birdie putt to go 2 over on the back and 79 for the day, putt was rolled right in the heart and dropped.

41/38. 16 putts on the front and 11 on the back!!!

The Ping G400 Max is an absolute rocket launcher. Best feeling and longest driver I have ever owned.

Ping G400 3wood and hybrid are rocket launchers as well, so much forgiveness. Easiest to hit fairway wood and hybrid I’ve bagged.

Ping G700 irons are legit, just point and shoot. You can work the ball if you must but these things just want to go straight!

Ping Glide 2.0’s are fantastic, frame the ball well and have a ton of spin.

If not for a few miscues on the front this round may have been LOW.

Fun day with my son, can’t wait to get out again soon!

Wow. I sure hope I win the lottery so I can get a G400. Sounds like it's perfect for you. And those irons seem to work just like my S55's. Straight and long. I'm so fired up after reading this I can't wait to get out again which should be Tuesday at the latest. Supposed to be 67°!! :)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Wow. I sure hope I win the lottery so I can get a G400. Sounds like it's perfect for you. And those irons seem to work just like my S55's. Straight and long. I'm so fired up after reading this I can't wait to get out again which should be Tuesday at the latest. Supposed to be 67°!! :)

Thanks man! Digging my whole bag! Enjoy some nice weather next week!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Everything I've read about the G400 Max is just as you experienced. Seems to be one of those drivers that just works... period! Good that you and the boy are able to spend some time together on the course. We need more young people involved in the Game.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Just the son-in-law and I this morning so played with him from the tips. I'm too old for this punishment!!! 44/41. I should be pleased with an 85 from back there. Just could have been so much better if the driver would have been a tab bit more cooperative.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Yet another 84...good front 39, and other than a birdie on the back, the back was a disaster- three doubles..this was at Kern River...91degrees...solid breakfast burrito before the round...solid Modelos during the round...no golf for two weeks for me -Alaskan cruise...ship website says they have a golf simulator however!
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1524438039.646524.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1524438063.845004.jpg

Fairwaysplitter3320

Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Yet another 84...good front 39, and other than a birdie on the back, the back was a disaster- three doubles..this was at Kern River...91degrees...solid breakfast burrito before the round...solid Modelos during the round...no golf for two weeks for me -Alaskan cruise...ship website says they have a golf simulator however!View attachment 30120View attachment 30121

I grew up in Lake Isabella, but hadn’t taken up the game yet. I’m sure my pops played Kern River in Bakersfield many times.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
I grew up in Lake Isabella, but hadn’t taken up the game yet. I’m sure my pops played Kern River in Bakersfield many times.

Kern River is a really nice course...We live in Pine Mountain Club which is have way, so I have a LA group for Saturdays and a Kern group for Sundays...LA munis are better layouts but are jammed with players...Kern munis a bit more scruffy but wide open..we have Kern River, North Kern and Buena Vista - love them all...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played for the first time yesterday since mid Feb - 45/45 - driver was good but irons were troublesome, well, the person hitting the irons needs to aim properly.

still, i got to play a round - so all good.
Don't tell me you get snow in Africa! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.