• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Beautiful day!!! 74 degrees F. First day to break out the shorts. Stark white legs blinded people for a 5 mile radius!!! Golf was almost as good as the weather. 79. 40/39. A couple stupid mental hiccups or it could have been lower. Had a double hit with a wedge on a par 4 that resulted in a double bogey. After the new rules take effect in January, would not have cost the extra stroke. I'll still take the 79 any day.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played with a guy from nearby town who was about my skill. Stunk the first 9 up except for driver (47). Then my magic (luck?) took over after I bogeyed the 10th hole. Parred the next one, birdied the next one (tough hole), and parred the next four and bogeyed the last two for a 38. WTF? 915 D2 was performing flawlessly after a really bad day yesterday. Must have heard about the Cobra driver coming tomorrow.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Golf clubs have a unique intelligence we mere humans cannot comprehend. They seem to know when a new/different club is ordered or threatened to replace them. That gets their attention and they work well... until you decide to stick with them. Then they revolt and go back to their old evil ways.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Golf clubs have a unique intelligence we mere humans cannot comprehend. They seem to know when a new/different club is ordered or threatened to replace them. That gets their attention and they work well... until you decide to stick with them. Then they revolt and go back to their old evil ways.
The trick is to keep the new club where they can see it so they always are threatened by it. :confused:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Could not play today. Rained all day. Nice easy rain, but badly needed. We've been extremely dry. Lawns need it. Course needs it. Substitute taught yesterday and teaching tomorrow. Submitted my resignation today. I'm 71 and, supposedly, retired. Not going to see fantastic golf days go by while I'm shut inside with a bunch of unruly kids. Paid my dues. Have 5 more teaching days schedule over the next couple of weeks. Told them I would honor those commitments, but NO MORE!
Let's play golf!!!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Played like crap today. Couldn't buy a putt. 48 and 47. Ug. Here's a pic of my partner Mel who beat me for the fist time ever and me (big belly) missing my birdie putt on the last hole (par 5). Notice how close my third shot was. :(

IMG_20180426_145735125.jpg
IMG_20180426_145813799.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Today doesn't count!! Pro shop manager texted me about 8 p.m. last night. Wondered if I would help pull carts this morning. Full tee sheet and he is by himself until afternoon. I was waiting on the grounds crew to let me through the gate at 6 a.m. Had all the carts pulled before the pro shop guy even got there. Did some repair on cart sheds while waiting for the guys to go off at 9:00. Greens aerated this past Monday and Tuesday. Hadn't played since Monday. Played horribly!!!! 46/45. 91! We were putting everything out because of the big bucks on the line. Only 4 of us. Two of us owed the other two 25 cents each when we were done!!!
Going to bed shortly. Get some sleep before needing to be back out at the course at just after 8 p.m. We recently had the snack bar remodeled. Board voted to do it. Vote was 8 to 1, with me as the dissenting vote. Jack leg contractor. Had to babysit him. Even then, he really screwed up the countertop. Can't shut the snack bar down this time of year. So, I told them they had two choices. Either we would hold money and they could come back in October to replace it. Or, they could do it between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. some night. And, I would be there so we wouldn't have to pay staff to do so. Tonight's the night. Contractor says he'll only take two or three hours to do the work. That means 5 to 6 at the best. Will get back home well after midnight. Then, back for an 8 a.m. tee time tomorrow morning.

I'm entirely too old for this!!!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Today doesn't count!! Pro shop manager texted me about 8 p.m. last night. Wondered if I would help pull carts this morning. Full tee sheet and he is by himself until afternoon. I was waiting on the grounds crew to let me through the gate at 6 a.m. Had all the carts pulled before the pro shop guy even got there. Did some repair on cart sheds while waiting for the guys to go off at 9:00. Greens aerated this past Monday and Tuesday. Hadn't played since Monday. Played horribly!!!! 46/45. 91! We were putting everything out because of the big bucks on the line. Only 4 of us. Two of us owed the other two 25 cents each when we were done!!!
Going to bed shortly. Get some sleep before needing to be back out at the course at just after 8 p.m. We recently had the snack bar remodeled. Board voted to do it. Vote was 8 to 1, with me as the dissenting vote. Jack leg contractor. Had to babysit him. Even then, he really screwed up the countertop. Can't shut the snack bar down this time of year. So, I told them they had two choices. Either we would hold money and they could come back in October to replace it. Or, they could do it between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. some night. And, I would be there so we wouldn't have to pay staff to do so. Tonight's the night. Contractor says he'll only take two or three hours to do the work. That means 5 to 6 at the best. Will get back home well after midnight. Then, back for an 8 a.m. tee time tomorrow morning.

I'm entirely too old for this!!!!!!
You'll probably shoot your age! :D

Members online