• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
88 at the Shenvalee Golf Resort Played the Miller/Creek 18.

IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0295.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Beautiful Shenandoah Valley! I actually rented a room as Shenvalee over the pro shop for 6 weeks as temp living quarters when I went to work for Merrilat Industries back in the mid-80's. Shenvallee is the course where I first broke 80 - great memories playing there. As usual you and Brian are bating me by looking like you hate being there. ;):cool:

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Beautiful Shenandoah Valley! I actually rented a room as Shenvalee over the pro shop for 6 weeks as temp living quarters when I went to work for Merrilat Industries back in the mid-80's. Shenvallee is the course where I first broke 80 - great memories playing there. As usual you and Brian are bating me by looking like you hate being there. ;):cool:

Truly is a great facility! We should do a golf trip there this summer.

We are just trolling you papaD. See Below:

IMG_0287.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
When the course is crowded they "pair us up" with anybody. Played with two old ladies (they played fast) and one of their husbands. Used the new Cobra King LTD. Shot 42 and 41. One par four drive was in middle of fairway with 75 to the pin. One of the ladies asked "is that your drive"? God I love hitting long drives. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Fact #1: My 71 year old body simply can no longer compete playing from the tips. Par 4's are played as Par 5's. Par 5's... forget it!
Fact #2: If you are talked into playing the tips, don't do it two days in a row right after the greens are aerated. Playing short, you have to put your chip shots close. If you don't it's a sure two putt or 3-jack. Can't afford that when you are putting for par.
Fact #3: Had one of the only two birdies, yesterday, out of the fivesome. Came within about 2" of an ace on a Par 3. That's the only way to score on these greens. Don't putt!
Not even recording the scores from Saturday/Sunday. Higher than Cheech & Chong. Back with the geezers tomorrow.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Fact #1: My 71 year old body simply can no longer compete playing from the tips. Par 4's are played as Par 5's. Par 5's... forget it!
Fact #2: If you are talked into playing the tips, don't do it two days in a row right after the greens are aerated. Playing short, you have to put your chip shots close. If you don't it's a sure two putt or 3-jack. Can't afford that when you are putting for par.
Fact #3: Had one of the only two birdies, yesterday, out of the fivesome. Came within about 2" of an ace on a Par 3. That's the only way to score on these greens. Don't putt!
Not even recording the scores from Saturday/Sunday. Higher than Cheech & Chong. Back with the geezers tomorrow.
That's pretty high!! :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's pretty high!! :D
What's hurting me is driver distance. I can drive with... and usually a little longer... than the geezers. The young flat-bellies fly it way out there. Have lost considerable distance this past year. Can no longer close my right fist to where the finger tips will even touch the palms. Too much arthritis has set in. So, I don't feel as if I have much control of the driver. Have to really slow down the swing to keep the ball in front of me.
Picked up a jumbo Crossline this afternoon. Installed it with two layers of tape. Will see what that does tomorrow.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies! Still better than the alternative......

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I was +4 standing on our 15th tee. Then went +3, +1, +3, +2 to finish +13!!

I would consider it one of my weaker finishes. Probably not helped by 4 hours sleep. Strange as it may sound, I'm hitting the ball quite well and putting well. P A T I E N C E !
Being 4 over thru 14 on fours hours' sleep is the accomplishment. Should have quit right there. ;)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I was +4 standing on our 15th tee. Then went +3, +1, +3, +2 to finish +13!!

I would consider it one of my weaker finishes. Probably not helped by 4 hours sleep. Strange as it may sound, I'm hitting the ball quite well and putting well. P A T I E N C E !
Did the hangover finally kick in on 15?

No other excuse for only 4 hours sleep (unless its a sick kiddo) and then in that case you get a pass.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Did the hangover finally kick in on 15?

No other excuse for only 4 hours sleep (unless its a sick kiddo) and then in that case you get a pass.

I only had a couple of beers! My brother was in town and I haven't seen him in ages. And he wanted to go for a few beers. My bed was screaming at me but my heart said no!

I've had a bad run over the past few weeks. The kids are in a show, we don't get back home every night until around 11.30pm. By the time I get them to bed, etc I'm lucky to be asleep by 12.30 and then up at 6am to walk our dog for about 1 hour. I need about 7/8 hours to survive. Sleep deprivation is not a good thing.

It took me three shots to get the ball out of a greenside bunker on #15. I three-jacked the 16th. It took me three chips to get the ball up a severe slope to a front pin on #17. It turned in a game of mini-golf. And it took me three shots to extricate myself from under the face of a bunker on 18. It seemed all the shit piled up and I was too frazzled to deal with it.

:confused:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online