• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
3rd day in a row to golf had a blast, no idea on the score. Apparently the guy keeping count thought we were playing match play and only put down who won which hole. Out of the 4 we all tied on holes won. Now I'm sitting here by the pool with this massive dog on my lap and a tiny one drinking my drink!
1369518681789.jpg
1369518690778.jpg

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
played golf with sssmokin again today, again, ugly. I swapped out drivers, didnt help. guess I just have to practice more. I'm looking forward to next weekend.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
played with warbirdlover and ssssmokin, yesterday. Was ugly for me at least. I think sssmokin said I shot a 39 41, not sure. I lost my driver feel all together, and I thnk I have been going after the ball a little to much. Either way, gonna hit the gym this morning then the range for a few hours and hopefully... fix it, otherwise its gonna be a sad golf season. I was playing great a week ago. Every round (prolly 15-20) was around -3 to +5. Now I'm lucky to keep it under 84.
Don't sweat it. Work on your weaknesses. I had 7 or 8 bad rounds in a row this year and I was practicing a lot. It's frustrating, that's golf. Work pays off eventually though and you'll be back better than ever.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Played for the 4th day in a row, I love being able to say that. Our group of 4 played match play and if two people tied then we all tied the hole. I won 6 holes next gut won 3 the other two won 2. I played really dang good today, probably would have been mid to high 80s. Only blew up 1 hole and got quite a few pars and 2 birdies

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
91(49/42), 38 putts(19/19), 7 FW(2-5), 6 GIR(5/1). Problem with teeing off at 5:15 is I'm still asleep on the front. Also been making some swing changes turning the big draw into a baby draw/power fade and I can't force myself to line up for it.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
I don't know what I shot today because I didn't keep score. I played 9 holes on the little goat track by my house and played two balls because I was behind a 6some. Ummm yeah, you heard right... a 6some. They never offered for me to play through so I just played two balls and chipped & pitched around the tee boxes while I was waiting... which was EVERY tee box. The best guy in their group hit his best drive probably 210 followed by a chunked 2'nd so I was waiting a lot. I wish I had two more arms so I could give today's golf experience 4 thumbs down. Boooo!

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Geez that's brutal. Our group of 4 was playing pretty fast, caught up to a group of 2 in no time. Our slowest round these last 4 days was 3.5 hours Thursday we did 18 with 4 people in almost exactly 3 hours playing from the 2nd farthest tee box.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Don't sweat it. Work on your weaknesses. I had 7 or 8 bad rounds in a row this year and I was practicing a lot. It's frustrating, that's golf. Work pays off eventually though and you'll be back better than ever.
thanks. I played today with a friend at FoxFire... still ugly. 40-41. I even called my coach last night to meet me on the range this morning. though we figured out what I';m doing, its hard to fix it...I got a week right.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
That's the only benefit to teeing off before sunrise, no one else is that stupid. As a foursome we walked 18 in 3:15.
I didn't tee off until 9am this morning and that was a mistake. It made for a long round. I won't get into details but there were some stupid people in front of us. They not only were new to golf but they were rude and inconsiderate. It sucked. I finished 5 over but I played well. I left a lot of stokes out there. Still, had great company and great weather, so I had a nice day.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
The Tale Of Two Nines

Got out for 18 this afternoon after me and the misses went for a short 9 mile bike ride.

Played Sun City Riverview, a course I consider the best value in the northwest valley. $23.00 today with cart. Played the back tees, approx. 6400 yards.

The front nine:

Arguably the best 9 holes tee to green I have ever played. 6/7 fairways ( the one I missed was just 3 feet into the right rough, good lie) and 7/9 greens, but not very close to the pins (very tough pin spots today).

Back nine:

Phuck. Hit 1 fairway and 2 greens. remember I sprained my left ankle about 3 weeks ago and it started acting up at the start of the back side. I was not able to come through like I did on the front causing a number of ott pulls/hooks.

I putted like crap. Ready for this?.................5 three putts. FIVE.

38/45-83 Oh well.

Bag setup for the round was a TM R580 9.5° driver with S300 steel shaft, TM 5WD with S300 steel shaft, Nickent 4H with S300 steel shaft, Cleveland CG2 5-SW.

P.S. Played in less than 3 hours.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.