• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Nice round for her. What did you shoot? ;)
giphy.gif

Uncle Azzhole

Jack of all trades, azzhole in all of them...
Apr 30, 2018
Salem Oregon
Country
finally played a round today, been to the range around 6 times now so I figured it was time to try.. Had to have a cart as I couldnt walk the course yet. Easy course, real flat.. barely over 6000 yards. Shot a 43 on the front side and 42 on the back, Tried the driver a couple times and went into the other fairways so I stuck with the 3 wood or a 3 hybrid mostly. Im sunburned to all get out, forgot to put on sunscreen before I left the house :(

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
How are the G700s holding up? They look like point and shooters.

They are absolutely amazing sticks! They really are point and shoot but I can work the ball when needed. But definitely are rocket launchers.

I’ve gotten used to the head covers and they are keeping them looking purdy.

Couldn’t be happier with them.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
finally played a round today, been to the range around 6 times now so I figured it was time to try.. Had to have a cart as I couldnt walk the course yet. Easy course, real flat.. barely over 6000 yards. Shot a 43 on the front side and 42 on the back, Tried the driver a couple times and went into the other fairways so I stuck with the 3 wood or a 3 hybrid mostly. Im sunburned to all get out, forgot to put on sunscreen before I left the house :(
That's the nice thing about the new drivers. You can adjust them and fix some of that stuff. Do like I do. Just buy a new driver LOL. :D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We need to start a thread about "Who's your friend today?" Seems every time out, another club steps up and is magic. One day it might be the driver. Another day, the putter. Now and then it's the irons.

My putter has had a number of smooches planted on its face lately. Today, though, it was the 52 degree CBX wedge. Most of my wedge play is just dumb luck. Today... The Golf Gods were smiling on that wedge in my hands. I pushed a 4-iron right of a green on #6. Pin was short-sided. I knew I would either leave the chip short of the surface or hit on the green and it would roll way past the pin. The ball hit about a foot onto the fringe and rolled to about 2" for my par. On #9, driver to the trees on the right. Punch 5-wood to long and right of the green. This is the most undulating green on our course. Could not even see the hole as it was down in a "valley". The ball was laying down in long rough. The "hit and hope" shot again hit on the fringe and rolled down the hill turning into the cup for a tap in par. I could drop 100 balls in that same location and never chip one that close. All day long the CBX seemed to read my mind. It certainly gets my "gold star" for the day.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
We need to start a thread about "Who's your friend today?" Seems every time out, another club steps up and is magic. One day it might be the driver. Another day, the putter. Now and then it's the irons.

My putter has had a number of smooches planted on its face lately. ...

I love those days when the putter is on fire. It's great seeing the ball snake towards the hole and then disappear.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I love those days when the putter is on fire. It's great seeing the ball snake towards the hole and then disappear.
Made a major modification to my putter over the winter. At first, thought I'd made a huge error. As it turns out, the thing has really worked well.
I'm in one of those funks where I really don't have any changes I want/need to make. There are days the driver is a little erratic, mostly due to a 71 year old body not wanting to cooperate. The fairways and hybrids have been in the bag a long time and are dependable. The huge surprise is the iBlades. I hated the GMax irons with the SR shafts. When I traded them for the iBlades never expected to be able to hit the "S" flex KBS shafts. Just wanted something different from the GMax, even if I had to use it for trading later. The iBlades have worked so well. Last Sunday, our greens superintendent was behind #17, waiting on us to play up so he could change pins. My ball flew right at the flagstick, stopping about 2 feet behind the stick. He applauded!! And, the CBX wedge I won has been working so well. The only thing I am even contemplating is ordering a new 58 CBX and moving the 4-iron to the basement. Still when I am scoring in the mid to upper 70's... at this age... why try to fix something that ain't broken!!???

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I sold the Ping S55's I was hitting so well to sssmokin just because I got it in my head I wanted some Titleist irons. And got the AP1 714's but no 3 or 4 iron in the set. Those irons have been the best I've ever hit now. And not having a 3 or 4 has made me get some hybrids which I always hated to fill the gaps. Low and behold I'm hitting those good too, better then I hit 3 or 4 irons for sure and last but not least I thought I had found the driver I was looking for all my life with the Titleist 915 but along came this Cobra King LTD and I'm hitting the driver better. It seems like a never ending game, fixing stuff that ain't broken.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, learned my lesson re bragging about clubs!! @#$%^ Rotten things! Need to sell the entire bag and play checkers instead! Or, just have the wife put me in the nursing home where an old body that cannot play golf should be. Terrible day!! NOTHING worked! Probably didn't hit more than 3 or 4 fairways all day. Irons were horrendous. Short game... wedges and putter... haven't been that bad since 3rd Grade! Could not believe the score when the guys added it up. 44/40 for an 84. Felt more like a 94! Scrambled all day from the rough, from behind trees, from sand.... The good news is, my scrambling ability should have improved immensely thanks to all the practice it got today!!!!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, learned my lesson re bragging about clubs!! @#$%^ Rotten things! Need to sell the entire bag and play checkers instead! Or, just have the wife put me in the nursing home where an old body that cannot play golf should be. Terrible day!! NOTHING worked! Probably didn't hit more than 3 or 4 fairways all day. Irons were horrendous. Short game... wedges and putter... haven't been that bad since 3rd Grade! Could not believe the score when the guys added it up. 44/40 for an 84. Felt more like a 94! Scrambled all day from the rough, from behind trees, from sand.... The good news is, my scrambling ability should have improved immensely thanks to all the practice it got today!!!!
That's an average day's score for me limp. :geek: Matter of fact, I was one stroke worse then that today and happy with it because I was playing with Mel.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That's an average day's score for me limp. :geek: Matter of fact, I was one stroke worse then that today and happy with it because I was playing with Mel.
Anymore, it seems as if it's not the score but how it feels that day. Some days it's hard work. Scramble... skull a wedge and it lands close to the pin... pull a drive right into a tree line and have it ricochet back into the fairway... No matter what you do, it isn't smooth but the score comes out okay. Other days, it seems like every shot comes off the clubface where you can hardly feel it. Ends up exactly where you intended. And, the score isn't all that much better. Today was one of those days that sent shockwaves from hand to wrist to elbow to shoulder on almost every shot. OTOH, the best and sweetest shot of the day was on #11. Pulled the 4-iron I've been threatening to leave in the basement. Smoothed it to about 8 feet from the pin and never felt it leave the clubface. Best long iron I've hit in ages. Of course, missed the birdie putt!!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.