1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by jhmeg2, May 15, 2013.

1. azgreg

azgreg "Don't count that." Supporting Member

United States United States
    Those shoes hurt my feet.

Fairwaysplitter3320 and MCDavis like this.
  2. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

50's this week. 60 on Thursday. Playing ever day. Fun day, today. Three birdies! I haven't had three birds in a round in a long time. Too bad offset by too many bogeys. Ended up with a 74.
    "Rebuilt" one of my putters over the weekend. Has to be the "honeymoon", 'cause I ain't made that many putts in quite a while.

MCDavis likes this.
  3. limpalong

Third ACE today!!!! 36/37 for a 73. 50 degree temps. Beautiful day. Won $1.75!! Aced #7 at our course. Aced that same hole in 1994. Aced #14 at our course in 2004. Didn't get one in 2014 and had to wait until 2021. I've had my Eye 2+ BeCu's in the bag the past few days. Now, don't know if I'll be able to hang them back on the rack in my golf shop. May just have to keep playing them.

4. azgreg

azgreg "Don't count that." Supporting Member

[​IMG]

limpalong likes this.
  5. MCDavis

MCDavis The Plaid Duffer Staff Member Moderator

Way to go Limp!!

6. Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320 Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again. Staff Member Admin

Admin Post
    Congrats Larry!!!

7. limpalong

And played horribly today!!! No idea what I shot... but it wasn't good. 39 on the front and then things fell apart. Had over 100 golfers have tee times and lots of walk-ons. Course was packed! For the 13th of January and almost 60 degrees, people just could not pass up getting outside. So they put some players off the back. Sailing along on the front, and hit a roadblock on #12. We aren't used to playing slow. Were beginning to stack up a couple groups on tee boxes. Totally disconcerting. Finally just picked up on #16 and went to the house.
    Still... to be playing golf in excellent weather in January... Amazing!!

Looks like one more round for the short term. 40's when we get up in the morning. Temps steady through the morning and then begin dropping in the afternoon. Winds from the north at 30 to 40 mph. Shouldn't be any frost so maybe get off early enough to get 18 in before it gets too bitter. By early to mid next week, the weather looks inviting again.

BigJim13 likes this.
  8. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

Way to go Geezer! We need the gory details. Distance, conditions, the club hit, ball used, did you see it go in? How many drinks did you buy at the clubhouse afterwards? Oh, and mine's a Shiner Bock! :D

limpalong likes this.
  9. limpalong

Distance: 95 yards. Club hit: Driver. Ball used: Top Flite Distance. Did I see it go in: Could barely see the green from the tee. How many drinks: Zero. With geezers... one can't drink coffee. Once can't drink anything with sugar in it. One can't drink anything that his wife hasn't approved. Oh! You want a shinier what??? :p:p:p

Actually... 128 yards into a very slight breeze. 7 iron. Callaway Chrome Soft. Didn't see it go in. One of the guys in the group swore it did. I thought it trickled off the back of the green. I haven't seen any of the three I've made go in the hole. First one, I thought I hit a bad shot. Turned around in disgust and the guys I was playing with began yelling tha tit went in. Second one was on a cloudy, misty, foggy morning. Felt like I hit a good shot, but buddy nor I could see the ball land on the green. This one... The old eyes ain't what they used to be.

10. IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer Fac ut gaudeam Supporting Member

Last time I hit a ball was Christmas eve. We are now in lock-down (again) with pretty much all sporting activities banned. All I can do is walk, run or cycle. Given that it is mid-Winter, it's not too bad, but even the ranges are closed, and will be for at least another three weeks, more likely until March. I now appreciate how your guys feel with snow closing everything down.

On a more positive note, the vaccines are starting to roll out quickly. My dad has had both (Pfzier) shots and my mum has had her first (Astra Zeneca). To me, that is a sign of green shoots. Hopefully, by June, I will have had my shots and life will start getting back to some sort of normality.

limpalong likes this.
  11. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

Go in the ball website, find the hole in one area and fill out the stuff and you'll get a nice gift.

limpalong likes this.