• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
United States United States
Excited about my 36 holes this weekend...and the pre-golf nonsense has already started...
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1527300217.119444.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
About ready to let the young flat-bellies have the Saturday morning tee time. 1.) Don't know how much longer this old body can take 18 holes 7 days/week. 2.) Playing from the back tees just is too wearing and is becoming less than fun.
Today's final score was soooo much better than what it felt like. 42/43 for an 85 from the back. The other 4 were out hitting me off the tee by 50 to 100 yards. I was playing par 4's driver, 3-wood, wedge, putter. Certainly makes the short game step up to the plate. When you are putting for par on ever hole, the pressure becomes phenomenal. I have to one of two things. Either find an affordable driver that can give me 30 to 40 more yards or else play nothing but the "geezer tees" from here on out.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
About ready to let the young flat-bellies have the Saturday morning tee time. 1.) Don't know how much longer this old body can take 18 holes 7 days/week. 2.) Playing from the back tees just is too wearing and is becoming less than fun.
Today's final score was soooo much better than what it felt like. 42/43 for an 85 from the back. The other 4 were out hitting me off the tee by 50 to 100 yards. I was playing par 4's driver, 3-wood, wedge, putter. Certainly makes the short game step up to the plate. When you are putting for par on ever hole, the pressure becomes phenomenal. I have to one of two things. Either find an affordable driver that can give me 30 to 40 more yards or else play nothing but the "geezer tees" from here on out.
Make the flat bellies play from the geezer tees. They won't know which club to play after they over shoot the greens by 30 yards. :)

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Promising start - 38 on front nine at Sundale with a birdie...thinking this could be a day in the 70s...but the hot dog and beer at the turn took its toll...44 on back for my usual 82...hot out there today...Sundale not my favorite but we got a great rate...Sundale was really nice in the 50s ans 60s I’m told...it is worn out and tired, but the greens were nice...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We've had record heat here the past 4 to 5 days. Entirely too early to be hitting triple digits. Winter never wanted to end and a heat wave followed the day it did. When playing golf, get out early and hope you finish before you drop from the heat.

Fun morning!!! We had a foursome. 78/80/80/81. VERY competitive. And, I had the 78!!!! 41/37. Still having difficulty with distance off the tee. Kept it in front of me and just kept it moving towards the hole. Going to have to go driver hunting... and I don't want to.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Everything in the bag worked today. EVERYTHING! Had two birds and the rest pars on first nine 34. Second nine started out with 3 bogeys but then par., birdie, par and par for 38. Shot one over my age 72. Won't happen again maybe ever but I sure enjoyed it. Played this morning right after the thunderstorm and it was bareable. Yesterday played horribly with sssmokin and his group on Waushara but today was totally different.

Dufferpauly

Jan 23, 2018
Country
Everything in the bag worked today. EVERYTHING! Had two birds and the rest pars on first nine 34. Second nine started out with 3 bogeys but then par., birdie, par and par for 38. Shot one over my age 72. Won't happen again maybe ever but I sure enjoyed it. Played this morning right after the thunderstorm and it was bareable. Yesterday played horribly with sssmokin and his group on Waushara but today was totally different.

GREAT ROUND!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Every day is a new adventure on the golf course. And you had a fantastic adventure, it sounds like! GREAT round!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
We've had record heat here the past 4 to 5 days. Entirely too early to be hitting triple digits. Winter never wanted to end and a heat wave followed the day it did. When playing golf, get out early and hope you finish before you drop from the heat.

Fun morning!!! We had a foursome. 78/80/80/81. VERY competitive. And, I had the 78!!!! 41/37. Still having difficulty with distance off the tee. Kept it in front of me and just kept it moving towards the hole. Going to have to go driver hunting... and I don't want to.

Just buy Jerry's! ;)

BTW - people are raving about the G400 and G400 Max........

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Nice work Jerry!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.