• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Everything in the bag worked today. EVERYTHING! Had two birds and the rest pars on first nine 34. Second nine started out with 3 bogeys but then par., birdie, par and par for 38. Shot one over my age 72. Won't happen again maybe ever but I sure enjoyed it. Played this morning right after the thunderstorm and it was bareable. Yesterday played horribly with sssmokin and his group on Waushara but today was totally different.
Well done!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Put the XR16 in time out today. Retrieved the G20 from the basement. My word!! Why has this driver been relegated to the basement workshop? The G20 rec'd accolades from the entire group today. It brought back some of the distance I had lost with the XR16.

Carded a 37 on the front. 1 over. Got tired on the back. Too many days in a row playing golf and too hot. 41 on the back to end up with another 78. I'll take it.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
82 today in a 4-some at Viniterra Golf Club, New Kent, VA. My first time there - beautiful layout and conditions! I had a double bogey on the front and a triple bogey on the back, one birdie on the day (on the par 3 shown at bottom). Pretty happy with a 10 over! I wish I had taken more pics.

20180529_102204.jpg
20180529_140911.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
42/39 for an 81 today. The G20 driver that performed so well, yesterday, in its first day of freedom from the basement was in the tank. Did not perform anything like yesterday! Even tried different balls, suspecting ball color or brand. Can't understand it. Certainly cannot be me!!!!:D:D

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
42/39 for an 81 today. The G20 driver that performed so well, yesterday, in its first day of freedom from the basement was in the tank. Did not perform anything like yesterday! Even tried different balls, suspecting ball color or brand. Can't understand it. Certainly cannot be me!!!!:D:D

Stayed strong on the back nine this time, Limp. [emoji108]

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Stayed strong on the back nine this time, Limp. [emoji108]
Thanks! Our front has a couple holes that can eat your lunch if you don't play them really well. Yesterday, it seemed things just hummed along. Today was significantly different. Struggled on the front.
Negative attitude going to the back. We got about 2" of rain last night and the course was cart path only. I don't mind that. It's for the protection of our course. Bumbling along on 12, noticed carts behind us off the fairway on 11. That's one of the wettest holes on the course.!! I was about to go "splain" to them in no uncertain terms about course etiquette. My playing partners told me I was in no mood to do that. They were afraid I'd end up getting my feeble old behind kicked... and I may have. However, that seemed to light a fire. The guys said I quit talking and really got serious. Played fairly well for the next few holes. By the time we finished, I had adjusted my attitude and things looked brighter. Of course, winning big bucks after the round helped. We won 50 cents!!!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No golf today. None of the regular Saturday young flat-belly group were playing. At the course about 5:30 to assist pulling carts for a 120 player 11:00 a.m. shotgun. Big wind storm last night. When carts were all pulled and in place, had a tree down by the cart sheds. Wouldn't have caused trouble with the tourney. Course superintendent has been working 12 hour days and is tuckered. Wind storm last Tuesday evening where he lives and a tree fell on his home. Luckily, the tree fell on the garage end of his house. Vehicles okay, but lots of rain water through roof into garage. The last thing he needed to do was believe he had to move this sucker before shutting down today. So, I cut up about 3 truck loads and hauled to the burn pile. Got everything trimmed to where only a large trunk is left and he can drag it to the burn pile with a tractor. Back to clubhouse and they were complaining because tires were low on the beverage cart. Sheesh! Evidently a female cannot flip the switch on the air compressor and air up a tire! @#$% So, to the cart shed with the beverage cart and aired up the tires. Still home before 11 a.m.

Have proposals from EZ Go on 10 new carts for 2019. The past Board did not continue with the traditional 10 carts/year rotation so all 50 of our carts are in VERY used condition. Need to get back on a rotation and stay there! Spent the last few hours doing spread sheets on lease vs. purchase, on lead acid batteries vs. lithium, on 10 carts/year vs. upping the number to get us to 60 in the fleet. Have all that laid out for this Tuesday's Finance Committee meeting.

Annual cul-de-sac picnic at 4:30 this afternoon and need to begin getting tables, etc. drug out for that.

Retirement is all about spending your days sitting in the recliner...…………..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.