• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
Dale Hollow looks like a great course.......not much farther than Kentucky Dam Lakes. Found this video:
That guy on the video is on one if my local networks. Channel 18 in Lexington. He's a goof ball. Is that course around dale hollow lake on the Ky Tenn border?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Never been mad at you yet. I was just responding to the original post.

It's not the first time I've shot the bird at your posts...won't be the last...I'm always smiling when I do it.

lol, take it easy old man, I don't want to know that you smile when you think about me...

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
That guy on the video is on one if my local networks. Channel 18 in Lexington. He's a goof ball. Is that course around dale hollow lake on the Ky Tenn border?
yup. 6371 State Park Road, Burkesville, KY 42717

Last edited:

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Now that I look on the map, it's quite a ways from Kentucky Dam Lakes. Don't think I would make it that far, if I made it at all this year. More of a chance next year if I'm still alive...........lol. Who knows. I might win Powerball or something.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
On the map it looks close to Lexington. What I liked too about the course was the grass............it wasn't dormant Bermuda.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
It's not too bad from Lexington. Probably an hour and a half or so. If you all came down in the fall you could get se fishing in too. Dale Hollow Lake is known for its small mouth bass fishing.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
It's not too bad from Lexington. Probably an hour and a half or so. If you all came down in the fall you could get se fishing in too. Dale Hollow Lake is known for its small mouth bass fishing.
According to google it is 3 hours from Lexington to Dale Hollow.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
There is a course fifteen minutes from my house that is rated the no. 1 public course in Kentucky. In 2003 Golf Digest ranked it no. 6 in the country for affordable public courses. It's called Old Silo and graham Marsh designed it. I met him once. Seemed like a really nice guy.
Old Silo is supposed to be awesome!

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
It will eat your lunch if you don't stay in the fairway. It is not a walkable course either. It's pretty cool to play on course like that when I can afford to though. I'm too tight to pay $60 bucks every weekend.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I've got a 2:08 tee time tomorrow afternoon at Lookout Mountain Golf Club, a Troon property.

Phoenix Golf Resorts | Lookout Mountain at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs

LookoutMtn-w1.jpg

pointe1.jpg

description-92e0c57f2fc2bfbaacd4aefd048cc280.jpeg

Last edited:

🔥 Latest posts