• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Played like 9 out of the last 10 days. This past 3 days I've played some of the worst golf in years. Long winter... lots of recliner time... the waistline exploded and anything resembling "being in shape" existed, it's long gone!!!! Cart path only. Lots of walking. Excellent for getting back in shape. Disastrous for playing well, when you are a fat/tired/out of shape old man!!! Everything I own hurts!! Taking off the next 3 days for a long weekend getaway with the lady of my life. Monday, I have to teach a short seminar. That means there will be 4 beautiful days that will allow the clubs to relax... and the body to heal a bit.
Still hitting the R1 pretty well. Actually getting the ball in the vicinity of the green okay. Chipping and putting are terrible. Chunking chips. No feel for distance chipping or putting. Can't make a putt. If I'm anywhere near the green, might as well add 4 to what I've hit already and go to the next tee. It'll probably take me that many to get up and down.
If it ain't better, when I play again next week, selling the golf clubs to the nearest pawn shop... buying checkers and a checkerboard and checking myself in to the nearest old folks home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
There's free checkers in front of the fireplace at any local Cracker Barrel.
Yeah, but they're just "muni" checkers. I've gotta have some specially fit for my game. Does Ping or Titleist make checkers? :)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Fantastic, yes. Affordable, no. But Limp could sell all his gear and golf cart and buy us all a set as a golf retirement gift.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Had an 82 today with 40 putts. Played one of our munis today, Encanto Golf Course. I forgot that today was leg 1 of the Phoenix City Amateur tournament (legs 2 and 3 are at 2 of the other munis). The tees were pushed all the way back (still not a particularly long course) and every pin was behind a bunker. The greens were as fast as I've ever seen there. The score board for the tourney had a number of scores in the 60's. Guys in this town can play.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Had an 82 today with 40 putts. Played one of our munis today, Encanto Golf Course. I forgot that today was leg 1 of the Phoenix City Amateur tournament (legs 2 and 3 are at 2 of the other munis). The tees were pushed all the way back (still not a particularly long course) and every pin was behind a bunker. The greens were as fast as I've ever seen there. The score board for the tourney had a number of scores in the 60's. Guys in this town can play.
60 anything just amazes me. I have played along beside them shooting high 60s and its just ridiculous what they make a golf ball do.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.