1. Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Discussion in 'General Golf Talk' started by jhmeg2, May 15, 2013.

1. warbirdlover

warbirdlover Ender of all threads Supporting Member

United States United States
    Worked okay with sssmokin Wednesday. I'm not sure if I'm able to hit it as far but it's pretty straight (no slices)! When I was at demo days at Waupaca CC the TaylorMade rep made some phone calls and I went to Golf Galaxy and they switched my reg flex TM shaft for a stiff. I played that Sunday before I got the one you built. Great job BTW! My swing still sucks so bad I'm not making any quick judgement yet. I think the x-flex worked better. Heard you hit the X-hot really good.

2. warbirdlover

Finally. Played my free round of golf I won at the Appleton golf show at Crystal Springs near Seymour (15 miles west of Green Bay). Nice course. I played out of my mind. Actually the difference was I was chipping right to the pin which helped negate my awful putting. Hit the R1 with the x-flex decent. Had one 255 and another 262 down the middle (measured with GPS). Played with two ladies. Very relaxing and satisfying round of golf.

3. azgreg

azgreg "Don't count that." Supporting Member

Played Sun City West Pebblebrook. Nice little course. Was playing pretty well, a few loose ones here or there, but not bad. 39/42=81.

4. Queball915

Queball915 Well-Known Member

76( 37/39)with a double bogey on the last. 5/13 FIR, 7/18 GIR and 25 putts. Short game was unreal today and a lot of my missed approach shots ended up just a few feet off the green. All and all a very solid round.

5. Queball915

41/44. Not a great round but it was tough track. Loosing a lot of distance with my driver recently and I have no idea why. A wee bit discouraging after firing off a 76 on Friday.

6. jhmeg2

jhmeg2 Well-Known Member

Hello all. Well, as of late, it has not been pretty. Skipped a few days, then back out at it. Pulled up to the first tee for 9 holes of "practice", before a round with my normanl ish group. (are any of us really normal?) Anyhow. Pulled driver out of the bag and started swinging it. It felt sooo heavy. I felt like I was really slow too. I hit it, BIG slice into the trees OB. Hit another one. Followed almost the same path... OB. I went in the trees to find them. Got em!!! Bothe were within about four feet. LOL pick em up. walk out to the cart, drop punch a 6 iron under overhanging trees. 6 inches or so on wrong side of a greenside bunker. Chipped right into it. Bladed it out chip putt move on. #2 same slice. punch, chip put. #3 SAME THING... SLICE!!! #4 I finally find my tempo. (Thanks SSSmokin for reminding me) played great from there. Then we got rained on.

Fairwaysplitter3320 likes this.
  7. Queball915

After 4 days of golf in a row shot 41/43. Hit the ball really well but the course gave me no love with a handful of bad breaks.

Fairwaysplitter3320 likes this.
  8. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

I've not been bashful about playing terribly this past few weeks. The game really went south. Slowly, it has come back. The biggest issues have been getting off the tee and putting. A couple weeks ago, I seem to have solved the putting woes. Watched Spieth on the practice green at The Masters. He does it "all wrong"!! That guy can't putt! He uses his wrists. One of the best putters on Tour and he isn't following what we've been taught. I began using less body/shoulders and more wrist action. Now I can keep the head steady. And, I can make putts. No longer fearful of the short putts.
    The driver issue has wrecked the game. The G20 will find a fairway, but is short off the tee. Try to muscle up on it and it will go way left or way right... no way to know. So, I've returned the R1 to the bag and it seems to be overjoyed to be out of the basement. Missed two fairways, today... 16 and 18. (17 is a par 3.) By then, I was getting tired in a stifleing heat and humidity. And, both of those drives were playable and I carded a par on both holes. Went 40/39. That's back where I should be and can be... if I can keep my head out of my............ Felt good. Now, can I repeat it tomorrow?
    Out of the last 4 rounds, I've had 3 nines with 39 strokes and one with 38. Not one of those rounds saw two nines in the 30's. Usually it was something stupid like 46 or 47 on the other nine. The nines in the 30's weren't all on the front or all on the back. Will hope I can continue putting two decent nines together in the same round.

anonymous golfaholic likes this.
  9. TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt Banned Banned

Turn baby turn. And give me your prose, for pity's sake.

10. jhmeg2

jhmeg2 Well-Known Member

I had to play two rounds back to back with no sleep last night. I had a headache and now I'm dizzy from being at the course at 6 am to rake traps. First round 79. Second round, I have no idea but it was ugly . Got to play with war bird lover, ssssmokin, and a few others. One of which just had heart surgery. I think he was pushing it a bit to far. He played so so under the circumstances. Honestly thought about taking the clubhouse defibrillator with us.

YES, BOTH Sssmokin and WBL out drove me at some point today. WBL was actually hitting the ball pretty good. Even though I just put his shaft together for his R1, he chose to swing a stock shaft in my presence.GRRR Putting. ... not so much, for any of us. We could have had a 10" cup and we could have missed it. Overall. Great fun. More fun than normal. And played like poo

11. sssmokin

sssmokin Retired and loving it Supporting Member

Yeah...........we outdrove him. That was when he topped it and it was a grounder that I beat by about 3". Or else when I hit driver and he hit 6 iron. ha. The guy with us had 3 bypasses and a valve replaced about a month ago. His Dr. would have been really pissed if he knew he played 18 holes. When he coughs or sneezes he has to cross his arms over his chest so he doesn't open up the scar. Geeeeez.................talk about loving golf. And he hit some good shots too.

12. jhmeg2

jhmeg2 Well-Known Member

It took me almost 10 months to hit balls after my second or third, back surgery. This dude loves golf more than I do. If any of you ever had the opportunity to meet "The Muzz", you would understand. I mean, he's "The Muzz". Just a good group of guys I get to play with. Thanks for letting a kid play along with ya.

13. warbirdlover

The x-flex shaft is back in PZ! I hit the driver better last Saturday so switched it back. Your hard work was not in vain! :D

14. sssmokin

The Muzz is the short guy. No more cigs hanging out of his mouth. He actually quit...........I never thought that would happen.

Attached Files:

15. sssmokin

This picture I changed his hat, because he kind of looks like the "Travelocity" gnome. His 2nd day out, he shot a 49 and 48.....this is one month after his heart surgery. 71 years old........unreal. 005.JPG

16. warbirdlover

Got to play a 9-hole private course (Waupaca CC) today on a "complimentary" round. So went around twice. They have different greens on some holes and different tee boxes on others to make the 2nd round a little different. The layout below doesn't show the uphill and downhill terrain. It's absolutely beautiful. Perfect (fast) greens and fairways like the big dollar courses. I shot the best I have all year and finally got a birdie. 42 on the fist nine and 43 on the second.

http://waupacacc.com/golf/proto/waupacacc/course/course_tour.htm

limpalong and azgreg like this.
  17. TrickyPutt

TrickyPutt Banned Banned

I am in the middle of a round. I was even through 5 and then boom 1402079042226. so I chilled and came back out to go 3 over on the front in the wet. I am not a mudder I guess.

18. warbirdlover

jhmeg2 and sssmokin like this.
  19. Queball915

Today was one of those days that I should have just slept in. Ugly round today.

sssmokin likes this.
  20. limpalong

limpalong Mental Ward Escapee Supporting Member

For the moment, the game is once again fun! 38/38 yesterday. One of the better rounds in a long time. Was off the entire week and played every day. Yesterday, we had an awesome four... all of us having fun with a game that can kick you square in the groin at any time. The ball just seemed to go where it was supposed to. Not one spectacular hole. Not one ugly hole. Just stringing together a lot of pars, an occasional bird, and a few bogeys.

jhmeg2, sssmokin, IrishGolfer and 5 others like this.