• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
The season opener for my club was yesterday at Pumpkin Ridge. With almost no off-season practice, I managed a 77. The good news is that I only had 31 putts with just one 3-putt (last time I played I had 39 putts with like 6 3-putts). That little rhythm thing I was showing my son paid off.

The Web.com tour will be playing its final tournament of the season there in August, and will award 25 PGA Tour cards at the end. If I'm in town that weekend, I'm going to go watch it. :cool:

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
Played my first round in Chicago yesterday. Shot a 76 on a some pretty messy greens--matched my all time best of +4 which I hit a few times a summer it seems. My swing changes this winter have drastically improved my ball striking though and I think I can finally reach par or better this summer.

Woke up this morning to a blizzard outside... This winter may never end!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Played my first round in Chicago yesterday. Shot a 76 on a some pretty messy greens--matched my all time best of +4 which I hit a few times a summer it seems. My swing changes this winter have drastically improved my ball striking though and I think I can finally reach par or better this summer.
Yay!

Woke up this morning to a blizzard outside... This winter may never end!
Booooo!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Welcome to the club, we had shirts made. Don't worry, at the least expected time you will discover something and turn it all around.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
You're probably trying to hard...eventually when you hit the point of not caring anymore...it will get better.

I read Dr. Bob Rotella's book, "Golf is not a game of perfect" and this is basically the entire point of the book. We put all these weird pressures on ourselves when it comes to golf yet most of us rarely practice and should probably have much more realistic expectations.

Once I started listening to what "Dr. Bob" was preaching, I started having way more fun playing golf and my scores dropped too!

Queball915

Jan 29, 2014
Yeah it's just a slump. My head is stuck thinking about outside stressors off the golf course even when I'm playing. Same thing happens to pros. You can tell their head is somewhere else.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Tiger's head was somewhere else, that's where all his problems started.

🔥 Latest posts