• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I currently drive a 1997 Dakota extra cab. It has 248,000 miles on it and the compressor went out. I'm not going to put $1,000 into a 248,000 mile truck. I'm going to look at a 2008 Dakota quad cab today.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
At the risk of thread jacking this bitch here I go. I went to look at 3 trucks I picked out on Auto Trader and by the time I got to the 3 different dealers they were all gone. I go home and go back on Auto Trader and look some more. I get to thinking about a truck and decide that I really don't need another truck any more. I start thinking about a small SUV since I have a 35 mile round trip for work. I have a small single axle trailer if I need to haul stuff. I find a Ford Escape that looks nice and fits all the parameters that I set up. I decide to talk to someone before I leave the house and low an behold a small chat window opens up. I introduce myself to my new chat room friend and our conversation get going. I start to think about our chats here and decide that posting one of sssmokins pictures would be a bad idea at this point. He promised to hold the vehicle for me and I'm going in about an hour. What a pain in the ass this whole process is.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
I've been debating ditching the bmw for my all time favorite truck. A late 90s early 2000s Dodge Ram. Slap a lift on it and speakers in the back and call it a day

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
At the risk of thread jacking this bitch here I go. I went to look at 3 trucks I picked out on Auto Trader and by the time I got to the 3 different dealers they were all gone. I go home and go back on Auto Trader and look some more. I get to thinking about a truck and decide that I really don't need another truck any more. I start thinking about a small SUV since I have a 35 mile round trip for work. I have a small single axle trailer if I need to haul stuff. I find a Ford Escape that looks nice and fits all the parameters that I set up. I decide to talk to someone before I leave the house and low an behold a small chat window opens up. I introduce myself to my new chat room friend and our conversation get going. I start to think about our chats here and decide that posting one of sssmokins pictures would be a bad idea at this point. He promised to hold the vehicle for me and I'm going in about an hour. What a pain in the ass this whole process is.
I hate car shopping.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Played Waushara Country club today with sssmokin, warbirdlover, and a couple other friends. some played well, some not so much lol. We played Lakeview and Bridges. I shot a 40-38=78. Then went back out on Lakeview... I have not played this good in a long time. I even suprised myself. 1) driver-fairway, gap wedge, 5 inches, birdie WOO HOO. 2) driver -right fairway bunker, 9 iron. green 2 putt par. 3) driver-fairway, 60* green 1 putt birdie. 4) just missed the right fairway bunker rough, 4 rescue fairway, 56* green, 3 putt bogie.5) 6 iron-green 2 putt par 6) driver- fairway, 3 hybrid-fairway, 60* green 1 putt birdie 7) pw-green 1 putt birdie 8) driver-right rough, gap wedge-green 1 put birdie 9) 3 hybrid left fairway bunker, 9 iron- green 3 putt bogie... 2 under 34:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I hate car shopping.
+1!!! I'd rather do almost anything than shop for a vehicle. That's probably why I drive my Silverados as many miles as I do. I'm gonna try for 200,000 on this one.

When I do go vehicle shopping, I'm a car salesman's worst nightmare. I know what I want and what I'll pay. I never buy new. Want EXACTLY what I'm looking for with 10,000 +/- miles on it. Let someone else take the hit on depreciation. I have a "route" of dealerships I'll begin hitting on a regular basis. If I see something I want to deal on, don't waste my time. I want to see the decision maker... NOW! I'm paying cash and will write a check or will walk out, one or the other. No skin off my teeth if they don't want to sell it to me at my price.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Played a course, today, we hadn't played in a couple of years. Course in pretty good shape. Son-in-law invited me to join him and two execs from his work. All are fair sticks. He asked me not to embarrass him. Shouldn't have asked!!!!

I dropped a 15 footer for bird on #1... and the fun was on. Par 5. My 4, a 5, and two 6's. Made a couple of off-color comments about people who spend their days in windowed offices, building only their own egos about how well they play golf. SIL told me to shut up! Started bird, bird, par. None of these guys are within 15 years of my age. Young flat-bellies. I turned at 2 over, 38. All three of the others were in the mid-40's. Threats made to see how well the Fatso putter grip would fit where the sun don't shine!!
Doubled 18. Tired. Finished 38-42 for an 80. Others settled in and ended up with mid-80 numbers. SIL says he's not taking me along when he plays with "suits" ever again. Guess I'm supposed to let them shoot the low scores, pat 'em on the back, and kiss their patooeys. Nope! The Good Lord only put a specific number of swings in this old body. Don't know when that number will run out. Sure not gonna waste any, playing bad just to let some guy who looks like he starches his cargo shorts beat me.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Played a course, today, we hadn't played in a couple of years. Course in pretty good shape. Son-in-law invited me to join him and two execs from his work. All are fair sticks. He asked me not to embarrass him. Shouldn't have asked!!!!

I dropped a 15 footer for bird on #1... and the fun was on. Par 5. My 4, a 5, and two 6's. Made a couple of off-color comments about people who spend their days in windowed offices, building only their own egos about how well they play golf. SIL told me to shut up! Started bird, bird, par. None of these guys are within 15 years of my age. Young flat-bellies. I turned at 2 over, 38. All three of the others were in the mid-40's. Threats made to see how well the Fatso putter grip would fit where the sun don't shine!!
Doubled 18. Tired. Finished 38-42 for an 80. Others settled in and ended up with mid-80 numbers. SIL says he's not taking me along when he plays with "suits" ever again. Guess I'm supposed to let them shoot the low scores, pat 'em on the back, and kiss their patooeys. Nope! The Good Lord only put a specific number of swings in this old body. Don't know when that number will run out. Sure not gonna waste any, playing bad just to let some guy who looks like he starches his cargo shorts beat me.
thats great... PLay your game, make them play thiers. good on you.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
80, yesterday, on a strange course with what could have been stiff competition. Back to the home course, this morning, playing with the regular group. 86!!!! I hate this game!!!

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
80, yesterday, on a strange course with what could have been stiff competition. Back to the home course, this morning, playing with the regular group. 86!!!! I hate this game!!!
yup thats the way it goes... suckes when we know we are better, but we put up big numbers

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Played on the smallest, fastest greens ever yesterday. Wow. That should be an illegal combination. I played with a couple good collegiate players and they got demoralized too, so I don't feel so bad. I shot 9 over, they both shot 6 over.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Played the ol' Ives Grove this morning (red to white) from the tips. Shot 43+47=90 with 32 putts (no 3 putts and four 1 putts). Got paired with three generations... teen, his dad, and grandpa. The teen was annoying and probably hit as many mulligans as regular shots making it a slow day... I was fuming underneath my smile. There is an outright winner in the putter competition which is why my Wilson is for sale (see classifieds). I am starting to regret getting rid of that Cleveland driver. This Cally is a bomber, but I can hardly buy a fairway with it. Really getting on my friggin nerves. Money well spent:rolleyes:. If anyone is interested in a Razr Fit Xtreme it may be the next thing on the chopping block. All things considered i'm happy... the first nine was pretty good and my putting was way better. Oh yeah, it helped to have no penalties either... same ball for the whole round.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Tees off at 5:15. Went out in 51 came in at 41. Woke up about #7.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I think I'm about a 25hc before 7am and about a 11 after.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.