• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what do you hate the most?

what do you hate the most?

• hitting OB from tee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • complete whiff

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Actual experience: A few years ago caught up with a husband/wife two who had been sent off the back while we were playing the front. On EVERY green, the wife would get down on all fours to line up her putt. We watched and on every hole she at least 3-putted and sometimes 4 or 5 times. EVERY time she would get back down on all fours to line it up. They never waved us up or through.

OP
Libre

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
and when she got down on all fours, the husband would get behind her and...well, never mind. But they were really holding up the whole course!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
and when she got down on all fours, the husband would get behind her and...well, never mind. But they were really holding up the whole course!
IIRC, the very thought of watching that lady in a compromising position was enough to lose one's breakfast.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Of listed probably the pitch. But honestly, I hate landing anywhere in a divot or footprint in the sand.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
No one selected "OB from the tee." Some OBs take a lot of skill.
37900309_1991837144169242_2615734984203304960_n.jpg

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
rocks in the sand traps. Chip, nick or scratch your expensive club. I've played some courses where I swear they don't put sand in them but gravel.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The group that can't hit a fairway (or tee shot) 50 yards waiting for the group ahead to get on the green on a long par four.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I hate it when I have to walk long distances from the cart to my ball on "cart path only" holes. I walk as fast as I can so as not to delay play....and therein is the problem. I have COPD and those long, rapid walks leave me gasping for breath on the next few shots I take. This always seems to cost me strokes; because ball striking while oxygen depleted just doesn't work well. It seems especially hard to roll a smooth putt under those circumstances.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I hate it when I have to walk long distances from the cart to my ball on "cart path only" holes. I walk as fast as I can so as not to delay play....and therein is the problem. I have COPD and those long, rapid walks leave me gasping for breath on the next few shots I take. This always seems to cost me strokes; because ball striking while oxygen depleted just doesn't work well. It seems especially hard to roll a smooth putt under those circumstances.
Many courses offer a "red flag" for attachment to carts, accommodating those with medical handicaps. Our course used to until taken advantage of by folks who knew better. Ended up costing us a couple of really nice folks as members. As in so many cases, the actions of the irresponsible ruined something that was needed by others. You might check with your course.
If the CPO is needed due to extremely wet fairways or other occasional issues where any cart traffic could unduly damage the course, would be best to abide by the rule. OTOH, many courses automatically have CPO on all par 3's. A "red flag" should allow those few with medical issues to exit the path on most par 3's.
What stymied the "red flag" for our course were some who would drive right up to the green. In a couple cases, we found where carts had actually stopped with one set of wheels on the green. Those using the red flags were asked to keep the carts 20 to 30 feet from the greens. Some did not abide by that. Likewise, some with the red flags felt that CPO signage due to soaked fairways did not apply to them. We would have ruts in the fairways from those. If a course is accommodating medical issues by allowing access to some areas that normal carts are restricted from, why folks would insist on damaging the course is beyond me.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Many courses offer a "red flag" for attachment to carts, accommodating those with medical handicaps. Our course used to until taken advantage of by folks who knew better. Ended up costing us a couple of really nice folks as members. As in so many cases, the actions of the irresponsible ruined something that was needed by others. You might check with your course.
If the CPO is needed due to extremely wet fairways or other occasional issues where any cart traffic could unduly damage the course, would be best to abide by the rule. OTOH, many courses automatically have CPO on all par 3's. A "red flag" should allow those few with medical issues to exit the path on most par 3's.
What stymied the "red flag" for our course were some who would drive right up to the green. In a couple cases, we found where carts had actually stopped with one set of wheels on the green. Those using the red flags were asked to keep the carts 20 to 30 feet from the greens. Some did not abide by that. Likewise, some with the red flags felt that CPO signage due to soaked fairways did not apply to them. We would have ruts in the fairways from those. If a course is accommodating medical issues by allowing access to some areas that normal carts are restricted from, why folks would insist on damaging the course is beyond me.

Yes, I am aware of the "flagged" carts. I guess I'm just not ready to advertise my condition to the world...or even admit it to myself. I could also easily qualify for a handicapped parking tag; but I have avoided getting one for the same reasons. My sons keep telling me that it's a tossup between stubbornness and stupidity. I spent 30 years as an Infantryman; and always pulled my own weight without benefit of special compensations. It's rather hard to accept the fact that father time has caught up with me.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yes, I am aware of the "flagged" carts. I guess I'm just not ready to advertise my condition to the world...or even admit it to myself. I could also easily qualify for a handicapped parking tag; but I have avoided getting one for the same reasons. My sons keep telling me that it's a tossup between stubbornness and stupidity. I spent 30 years as an Infantryman; and always pulled my own weight without benefit of special compensations. It's rather hard to accept the fact that father time has caught up with me.
Thank you for your service! 30 years in infantry sounds like service above and beyond, my friend.

Now listen to your sons, you stubborn stupid old coot! :p:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Better to be able to do than be stubborn and do nothing!!! I went out and installed a water meter, today, in an irrigation well. At almost 72... stupid is as stupid does. I won't be able to crawl out of bed tomorrow! Could have asked for some help from the maintenance crew. Too stubborn to believe the body has aged. One of these days, something will break or wear out and I'll wish the stubborn streak hadn't been so ingrained.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.