• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you "ho's" make of this?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You are probably the only one on the board who has ever heard of them, much less played anything from them. Personally, for $299, I'll save my $100 and play my signature driver.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Interesting selection of (good) shaft choices (added cost), shaft length choices, grip choices but only two loft choices. And it's not 460 cc (430 cc). If it were about $100 cheaper it might be worth the "risk" but it's an unkown for now. I would build my own (cheaper) before I bought that. Looks like they're trying to copy the TaylorMade weight gimmick system. :)

Here's some "testimonials"

http://vulcangolf.com/testimonials.aspx

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
I'd say to look around and maybe you can find a used one. If not, maybe nobody buys them for a reason.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
For the cost I'd either find an older driver and get the exact shaft that fits you, and grip, or just buy brand name.

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Thats a terrible price, considering you can get almost any top of the line driver for $200 or less on Ebay. And its resale value will be next to nothing if you decide to sell it later on. With very few exceptions you almost cant even give away a driver nowadays that is smaller than 460 cc.

...If you want to go the component route the best deal I've seen lately was a Golfsmith Viper Ti 460 head( r7 copy) for $58. Add a quality shaft for $35 - $75 and you will have a driver comparable to anything out there.

Personally though I would still recommend an OEM driver. I got an almost new Mizuno MX 500 for $75 and a Comp 460 driver for $95 off Ebay this fall.

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006
Sure, Global golf too, Its not really an option for Canucks though because they only ship thru UPS, AFAIK.

🔥 Latest posts