• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What grip size?

Grip Size?

• Total voters

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Mid-size with 2 wraps of tape, because it feels better and that is what I was fit to. Makes a big difference for me, standard grips with a single wrap promote a hook for my ugly ass swing.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I don't have a big hand (7 1/2) but prefer a mid size as well because it fells softer

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Midsize. Have used the midsize grips for years and anything with a regular sized grip feels too small. Used Lamkin Crossline Midsize for a long time. Have them on my Eye 2+ BeCu irons. Got a deal on some other Lamkin Midsize and have them on the AP1/AP2 set. Don't like them quite as well. Our pro shop is selling out of a bunch of grips he had on hand and I just picked up 10 Lamkin Crossline Cord Midsize for $3 each. Put them on the Big Bertha fairways and love 'em. Need to see if he has any more of those and grab them.

I would probably be better off using "jumbo" sized grips since finger length and male anatomical length are supposed to be directly proportional!!! ;)

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Standard, and always a Velvet grip. I like the feel of midsize and it fits my measurements, but I fight a push/fade and the skinnier grip helps me release fully. I have even experimented with women grips (heh, heh, heh).:cool:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have midsize on my wedges, regular on my irons(these need to be re-gripped something fierce...), regular on my driver as it helps me not get pushy with it.

I'm not sure if I'll go back to regular grips on the irons or go to midsize...Midsize helps me not grip so hard, but I think regular grips allows me to release through the ball better...

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Midsize. Have used the midsize grips for years and anything with a regular sized grip feels too small. Used Lamkin Crossline Midsize for a long time. Have them on my Eye 2+ BeCu irons. Got a deal on some other Lamkin Midsize and have them on the AP1/AP2 set. Don't like them quite as well. Our pro shop is selling out of a bunch of grips he had on hand and I just picked up 10 Lamkin Crossline Cord Midsize for $3 each. Put them on the Big Bertha fairways and love 'em. Need to see if he has any more of those and grab them.

I would probably be better off using "jumbo" sized grips since finger length and male anatomical length are supposed to be directly proportional!!! ;)
This could be true. I have big hands with short stubby fingers.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Of the dozens of different grips used over the years, nothing... NOTHING... feels as good and seems to work as well as those!!!
Agree. I've tried a number of different grips over the years, but I keep coming back to the Crosslines.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Midsize Golf Prides, Midsize Mint Grips and Midsize AME Grips

Mint Grips and AME Grips are a great choice. Reasonably priced and made in the USA.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.