• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What grip size?

Grip Size?

• Total voters
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Midsize. Have used the midsize grips for years and anything with a regular sized grip feels too small. Used Lamkin Crossline Midsize for a long time. Have them on my Eye 2+ BeCu irons. Got a deal on some other Lamkin Midsize and have them on the AP1/AP2 set. Don't like them quite as well. Our pro shop is selling out of a bunch of grips he had on hand and I just picked up 10 Lamkin Crossline Cord Midsize for $3 each. Put them on the Big Bertha fairways and love 'em. Need to see if he has any more of those and grab them.

I would probably be better off using "jumbo" sized grips since finger length and male anatomical length are supposed to be directly proportional!!! ;)
That is not correct. It's the NOSE and male length that are proportional.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I've never really been one to follow specific guidelines, or "standards" by any means. Kinda hate having someone tell me what to do... I like thinking for myself and using what works. Or trying different things until you find what works, for you! I think that's the key too, everyone is different. So what works for me, may not work for anyone else!!

That being said this season I was playing around with jumbo grips on my wedges, which I really liked. And midsize on the remainder. I know both sizes a technically wrong for me, but so what!?!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
The worse my arthritis gets in my hands, the more I am migrating towards softer and larger grips. Pain trumps fit. I'll make my swing work with the grips that absorb the most pain.
Avon Chamois 3/32" oversize claim to be the industry's most shock absorbing, but I think I'd prefer the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G in midsize.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Avon Chamois 3/32" oversize claim to be the industry's most shock absorbing, but I think I'd prefer the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G in midsize.

You talking to yourself again?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.