• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is done, is done

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Good luck, buddy!! Don't sweat the score, just have fun.

And please be gone the entire 4 hours this time... ;)

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Well, it was windy and chilly at the start, but settled down and warmed up by the back nine.

I was driving the ball surprisingly well. My mid-irons were meh, hit a couple good, a couple poorly.

I hit a 425yd par 4 in regulation, which I think was one of my 2 GIR for the round. Chipped decent, putted meh, burned quite a few edges. Only really had one blow up hole at an 8, two pars, the rest were bogey and double for a 97. Not bad for a first round of the summer.

My buddy didn't fare so well...he shot a 121. But...we had a great afternoon playing golf.

Also realized my daughter needs new clubs...really bad. They're FAR too short for her...so maybe I'll grab some components and build her a set.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I would have quit right there, gone out and celebrated. Any hole that long is a Geezer's par 5! ;)
That was 18...

Wind at our backs, and although it's a tight squeeze off the tee, the fairway is deceivingly wide. I really got a hold of one and ended up about 165 out with a great lie right in the middle of the fairway, with a fairly large green(nice of them for hole that long) I ended up about middle of the green with a 8i. Think I three putted for a bogey, but I was happy with that.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online