• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is it about this place?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
This is absolutely a great place! I feel like we all kind of know each other, even though many of us have never met. I also belong to a forum concerning my county and they are the rudest people you could imagine. I for one really appreciate the feeling I get around this place
Just don't let rock stand behind you on the tee...I've heard he can be a bit rough.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I see these threads every few years... people wondering about the site. How will "new blood" change it etc. You all are "new blood" to me, quite different from some of the original crew whom some of you might or might not have had the chance to interact with, and as such I haven't really been comfortable getting into too much of the talk.

However - The conversation seems to be less about golf and more about other areas of life, which is good since I hate talking about golf LOL.

(Of course it could just be that I only look at the non golf forums)

John Bravo (RIP) was the reason I came to this site from someplace else.

I'd love to see some posts from Sling, R35, PAJayhawk, teh Master, Kilted Arab, IG, EZ, Eracer, UALTim, The kids who played competitive golf (Sandpiper and Wildcat) the 2 Daves (the nice one from TX and the cranky one from Ireland who had THE best I don't give a F posts ever), Goatser, and of course the original and only true club ho which would put all of you so called ho's to shame who if you dig thru the site you will see what I mean.

Anyhow - the shitty thing about interacting with people online is you never know when you don't hear/see anything from them what's up. I check most days here to be honest to hope to see a quirky update from Steve (wirehair) but it's been several months since he's posted. :-( I hope he is well.

I don't mean to discredit this group. I think this is a very well read crew that likes to debate. It seems that we have very few liberals like me left, but that's OK, I can take the punishment and will try to participate more and prove that I am more than just an academic commie ;-)

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It's OK VT. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Now that you've done that we can move forward.:D

I remember most of those names on your list and I too occasionally wonder what the deal is. I learned A LOT about golf/golf equipment when I first got on here. I was just a beginner at the time hence my site name. The ultimate club ho you were talking about... ezra?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Jeff got married and had a kid... doesn't post much anymore. YoungGun, I believe, got married... doesn't post... and is probably pwhipped. MGW (I think that was what he went by) played a lot with YoungGun and we haven't seen him in a long time. PAJayhawk retired, moved to the mountains. Someone said he posts on another board once in a while. Clare didn't last long, but introduced the estrogen side of things in an otherwise testosterone atmosphere.

Another board I subscribe to used to be all about golf and equipment. That board has become much more about movies, sports, plumbing problems (both mechanical and physical), etc. and less about golf.

My generation?? Some are just dropping out of the game due to health issues or financial issues. My kid's generation... 30 to 50... people are working longer hours for less money. There are family commitments and financial commitments that take priority over a game of golf. A significant segment of that generation has moved to social media and consider posting on internet discussion boards as "so yesterday". The younger generation... 16 to 30... may not even remember what an internet discussion board is. These methods of communication may well go the way of faxes and wall-mounted telephones.

Compared to some, I'm relatively new here. Probably been posting here 7 or 8 years. I've attempted to make up for being such a "short timer" by keeping my posts short and to the point!!!!:rolleyes:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I joined in 2006 after losing patience with another board. I remember all those names and miss them. I too learned a lot about equipment when I first joined but feel like it has passed me by with adjustable drivers etc.

I don't post as much anymore, like limp said I am in the generation that is working longer hours for less money. I now work 2 jobs just to try to get A LITTLE ahead.

I still love talking golf and other"stuff!"

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
It's not EZ. He was not even close. Although his oven mitt ghetto club building techniques were legendary

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Are you sure you're not thinking of Ezra? He was famous for his kitchen club building set up.

R35, havent seen him around much either.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Ezra did the ghetto building, but it was the kid from CT with the miata (no more hints) that was the ultimate ho

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Rock's still around. It's snow season in Canada, and the sheep don't run as fast, so he's a little busier than usual.

VT, I should know who you're talking about, but I can't remember.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Ezra did the ghetto building, but it was the kid from CT with the miata (no more hints) that was the ultimate ho

I was thinking Ezra at first but now I remember the other kid. He was pretty sharp from what I remember.

I wonder if Ezra ever replaced his futon

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Everybody here is a wanker!! Am I allowed to say that on this side of the pond? :D

Members online

No members online now.