• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is it about this place?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Jeff got married and had a kid... doesn't post much anymore. YoungGun, I believe, got married... doesn't post... and is probably pwhipped. MGW (I think that was what he went by) played a lot with YoungGun and we haven't seen him in a long time. PAJayhawk retired, moved to the mountains. Someone said he posts on another board once in a while. Clare didn't last long, but introduced the estrogen side of things in an otherwise testosterone atmosphere.

I'm still around, haven't posted much as my work has kept me busy. Good problem to have these days.

I haven't talked to YG in a few months, I really need to give him a call. We played together all the time for several years and I miss that -- he was a good stick and pretty funny so it was always fun. Once he graduated from college real life set in so he gave up his membership at the club we both belonged to.

I'm hoping to play a lot more this year and also hang out here more again. Great group of people here and I can almost get a good laugh or two trawling the forums.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
MGP, let's get together and play a round this year. Our course is part of the "Sunflower League". I've got a card that will allow play at Sunflower Hills or Eagle Bend... both, I believe in your area... for $20 including cart. Looks like I'll have a number of Fridays free. Also, with daughter and her family just south of K-10, we get up that way fairly often on weekends. I met YG, once, just for a minute or two. Seemed like a nice kid. Maybe you could coerce him 'out of retirement' and we could grab 18 somewhere.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
limp -- sounds like fun. I live just a couple miles south of K-10 myself. I also work for myself and have an office in the house so my hours are flexible. I usually play on weekdays since I can and since I hate slow play (like you).

I'm a member at Shawnee Golf & CC which is an interesting course. I hardly play public courses any more, I just got tired of taking 4:30 to 5:00+ to play a round and getting treated like livestock. We could play wherever you want though. I can get us on Shawnee anytime, weekdays are better, guest rates are better then and can generally walk on and be playing in 15 minutes. They also have 27 holes so that's nice too.

I haven't played Sunflower in quite some time. I've never played Eagle Bend in Lawrence but I've played Alvamar a bunch of times.

If we do decide to play I'll definitely see if we can get YG to join us too.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
limp -- sounds like fun. I live just a couple miles south of K-10 myself. I also work for myself and have an office in the house so my hours are flexible. I usually play on weekdays since I can and since I hate slow play (like you).

I'm a member at Shawnee Golf & CC which is an interesting course. I hardly play public courses any more, I just got tired of taking 4:30 to 5:00+ to play a round and getting treated like livestock. We could play wherever you want though. I can get us on Shawnee anytime, weekdays are better, guest rates are better then and can generally walk on and be playing in 15 minutes. They also have 27 holes so that's nice too.

I haven't played Sunflower in quite some time. I've never played Eagle Bend in Lawrence but I've played Alvamar a bunch of times.

If we do decide to play I'll definitely see if we can get YG to join us too.
Great... Let's do it! Once the weather gets a little more accomodating, I'll make contact and we can get something set up. Shawnee CC would be fine. Never played it. As long as you'll give me at least a stroke a hole, we'll do fine.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
The last golf forum I spent any time on was fairly anal ... so this thread is quite heartening.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
You're good as long as you can handle a little criticism every once in a while. If you get pissed and start cursing at people, talkin about their mommas, using gay slurs, etc... the first time someone suggests throwing clubs may not be a good idea, then you may have a problem. I think you'll be just fine though. Just observe the senses of humor around here for a bit and you'll get that sometimes even if people say something that sounds crazy, it's really never a big deal.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've noticed an increase in new members lately. DFH, the site's starting to grow organically. Good work.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.