• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is one of your most memorable shots that resulted in Whipped Cream on Shit?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Thought it would be interesting to ask after Flogger's thread about "Your first..."

I gotta be honest, while I do not remember my first birdie, I vaguely remember my first Eagle, and vividly remember my Ace. I do not likely remember the Ace any more vividly than I remember 2 other shots in the 7-8 years I have played. Two others I remember just as vividly as my Ace resulted in a Par and Birdie.

Played a Par 5 where you have to clear wetlands on the second shot. Or as we now call it in thinking positive "Clear the Perennials". :laugh: Hit 2 in the crap ("I mean Perennials"), dropped 3, hit 4 to about 155 yards, then put a 6i (I believe) in the hole for Par. I distinctly remember it clearing a front greenside bunker, rolling up to the second tier of the green and disappearing. It is the longest shot I have sunken to date.

Second one was a Par five as well, and not real long, were I did not even reach the fairway in one, hit number two to 225 yards on a very poor shot out of the rough, then hit the stick and set it down to within 2-3 inches with a 5w for a kick in Birdie. That was when I hit the ball further but with less control. While I saw it, I did not fully believe it hit the stick until the other 2 in my foursome told me such as they were up by the green.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Will also say that I did Play with a guy in a Club Championship that when we go to a Par 3 17th hole, he simply stated he had a par the prior day in the first round of the Club Championship. Nonchalant, I should add, as it did not register to me at the time for that reason.

He did in fact hit the first OB, then holed the next from the tee for par. To this day, if I ever hit a good shot off the tee on a Par 3 where I hit the first in trouble, I tell it to get away or stay out of the hole. I would have a hard time stomaching such.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I don't remember any of my own at the moment....but about two weeks ago my grandpa holed out from about 175 for a 2. His worst drive of the day and the shot was from the rough off the side slope of a bunker. Hit in front the green and ran right into the cup.

I was finishing up a round with my dad about 12 years ago in the dark and on 18 he drove the ball well right into the trees but had a small opening to the green. The second shot you have to carry a pond usually from about 160-170. He went for it from the woods...carried the pond and holed it out for a 2. Maybe the most ridiculous thing I have ever been witness to and I say witness because it was so dark I couldn't actually "see" it.

Jason

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
My home course has a short par 3, 125 yards from the whites. Your tee shot crosses the cart path, paved. Last summer we'd had dry spell and the tee boxes were like concrete. I broke 2 short tees trying to get them in the ground. Finally the 3rd one went about half way into the ground but was still way to high for a PW off the tee. I remember thinking, I'll just swing up a bit to compensate. Tee shot went straight up in the air, bounced off the cart path almost as high and landed about 4 feet from the pin. Tap in bird, the ball was ruined, but hey, a bird is a bird.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I don't remember the first birdie/eagle.. there are 2 shots that stand out in my head.

1. 180 yard 3rd shot into a par 5... 4-iron and holed it.

2. Don't remember the yardage.. second shot on a par 5, 5-wood(actually the one Bryguy has now lol)... hit it to about 2 inches. Tap in eagle was awesome... double eagle I would have won golf and quit lol.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I must banish all golf memories from my head as soon as they happen. Because I can't remember any of these that I have had, but I vividly remember my wife's first. We were playing the ninth hole at our home course, a bear of a par 4 straight up hill and long. She hit her drive into a fairway bunker, blasted out to the 150 marker, then hit a worm burner that ran all the way up and onto the green which was hidden from view down on the fairway. We get up to the green and what do we find, but no ball, I found it in the cup but decided to let her sweat it out a little bit. She is finally ready to drop a ball when I say hey did you check in the cup, she gave a Tigeresque fist pump and to this day won't let me live down her first birdie.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
550 yard par 5. Hit tee shot into trees right. Second shot punching out caught a branch flush and went backwards. 3rd shot, still punching out, caught a branch and went strait down. 4th shot still 230 yards from the pin hit hybrid to 18 inches. Tap in for par.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm trying to think of one... Only one really comes to mind. 18th hole at Triggs sets up R to L. I hit a drive immediately pulled left into the treeline. Had around 200 left best I could figure. Hit a 3i hook out and it ran to the back-left of the green and off into the greenside rough. Chipped it in for birdie from about 40feet.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Got out of my car and saw logjam on #1... so I walked towards 10 tee a short 135 yard par 3 . The 2 guys that were there waved me over to join them. I did zero stretching, didn't even tie my shoes. I then proceeeded to blade a 9 iron into the hole for a 1.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Since I've been playing only three years I have one eagle.

Dogleg left par 5 relatively short at 490. Hit a perfect draw around the tops of a few trees and cut a ton of distance out of it. I was at 165, hit a 6-iron another draw to a back left flag. I knew it was close, walking up the green I see the ball right on the lip of the hole. It hit and stuck about a cm from being a slam dunk. Tap in eagle and still shot a 96.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If it weren't for "those shots", we'd all be worse hackers than our scores indicate! From "they don't draw pictures on the score card" to "it ain't how... it's how many" if you play at this game long enough, you'll get your share of good bounces.

Some particularly memorable ones...
  • 2004. Rainy, misty morning. Only two of us showed up for our early tee time. Had talked about quiting after 9. Already wet, why quit now? By 11, the sun was beginning to peek through the clouds. 14 is a par 3. The 8-iron felt good off the 690.mb's in the bag at that time. Partner nor I either could see the ball on the green. I told him it felt good enough, probably was over the back. Sure enough, found the ball had hit about 6" in front of the cup and had fallen in for an ace!!! Cold... almost quit... couldn't see the ball flight...
  • circa 1995. Playing with, now, son-in-law. First hole on the course was a par 4, uphill off the tee. Green could not be seen until the hil was crested. Drive pushed right into some trees. Not over top of hill, so couldn't even see the green. Walked to top of hill to get line to green. Had partner crest hill to get an idea where ball would end up. Punched a 5-wood out from under the trees, with a fade/slice up over the hill. Future son-in-law began calling me names! Ball had gone in hole for eagle.
  • Earlier this year. Nice drive down the middle on 12. 12 is a straight, fairly easy par 4. Proceeded to pull the snot out of a 7-iron. As ball was on it's way to the left of the green, it hit the edge of the concrete cart path. Ball ricocheted towards green and ended up less than a foot for bird.
  • Not mine, but one of the regular group. 8 is a long par 5. He pulled his drive to the left. Tried to skirt the left side and take a shortcut to the green for his second. The second shot was pulled a little too far left and was headed for the hazard. Ball hit the red hazard stake and bounded onto the green. Red paint from the hazard marker was still on the ball after he made his eagle putt. Only eagle of his life. We still cannot figure out the physics of exactly where that second ball would have needed to hit the hazard stake to give it just enough of a glancing blow to change direction, but not take off enough velocity that the ball still reached the green.
  • Same buddy, earlier this year. Was having a particularly bad day. Pulled his drive to the left on 18. As we rode to his ball, a red-headed woodpecker was on the ground, some 10 yards further left and in front of us. I explained to the buddy that he had hit so many trees that day, even the woodpeckers were taking cover on the ground!!! "It's amazing when you play so bad even the woodpeckers have to leave their natural habitat!!" He got to laughing and tried to hit his second shot. Somewhere between total frustration and a suppressed laugh, he topped the second shot even further left. And, probably missed the poor woodpecker... on the ground... less than a foot. Of course, when a woodpecker goes to ground and is still an endangered species... the dialogue continued long into the clubhouse!!!!!

295yards

May 5, 2009
Thought it would be interesting to ask after Flogger's thread about "Your first..."

I gotta be honest, while I do not remember my first birdie, I vaguely remember my first Eagle, and vividly remember my Ace. I do not likely remember the Ace any more vividly than I remember 2 other shots in the 7-8 years I have played. Two others I remember just as vividly as my Ace resulted in a Par and Birdie.

Played a Par 5 where you have to clear wetlands on the second shot. Or as we now call it in thinking positive "Clear the Perennials". :laugh: Hit 2 in the crap ("I mean Perennials"), dropped 3, hit 4 to about 155 yards, then put a 6i (I believe) in the hole for Par. I distinctly remember it clearing a front greenside bunker, rolling up to the second tier of the green and disappearing. It is the longest shot I have sunken to date.

Second one was a Par five as well, and not real long, were I did not even reach the fairway in one, hit number two to 225 yards on a very poor shot out of the rough, then hit the stick and set it down to within 2-3 inches with a 5w for a kick in Birdie. That was when I hit the ball further but with less control. While I saw it, I did not fully believe it hit the stick until the other 2 in my foursome told me such as they were up by the green.

Not my own shot but one pulled off by my nephew.
He hit an ugly worm burner on a short par 3 that rolled the whole way up to the green, 130 yards and dropped into the hole an ace!
When he tells the story, which he loves to tell of course, it landed over the flag and spun back into the hole... "right uncle?"

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Playing in a tournament I hit a beautiful drive down the fairway, bounced off of something (I'm pretty sure it was a sprinkler head) and the ball flies into a tree. Better yet, it gets stuck in the tree.

*sigh*

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Playing in a tournament I hit a beautiful drive down the fairway, bounced off of something (I'm pretty sure it was a sprinkler head) and the ball flies into a tree. Better yet, it gets stuck in the tree.

*sigh*
Have twice seen a ball get stuck in a tree. The first time, I was standing somewhat near the tree and saw it start to fall down and stop. The guy who hit it just flat out did not believe me, till we walked back about 15-20 yards and you could see the top. The second time was years later and was actually the same guy that made up our threesome that day, which I never realized until just now. Although this one was only about 8 feet up, and he was insistant on trying to play it, and did manage to hit it with his club, but just knocked it out.

I have played one out of a bush before, about 3 feet off the ground, with a baseball swing with my driver.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
If it's "whipped cream on shit" as you so delicately put it...

That would have to be the time I bladed a PW that would have sailed 40 yards over the green had it not smacked the dead center of the flagstick and dropped straight into the hole.

I'd love to say that it was my coolest eagle ever, but it was a par...:p

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.