• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What is the biggest flaw in your golf game?????

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Thought this might be an interesting thread.

For me its hitting putts 3 to 6 feet past the hole. Its a rare putt that comes up short.....all my misses are way long.

What's yours?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
25yd lob shot over the bunker/trap or something. It usually ends up running over the green to the bunker in the other side.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Any club off the tee box. For some reason I step on the tee box and I find a way to screw the pooch. Once off the tee box I can hit most any shot I need to. It's just that there is no telling where that second shot will be coming from, lol.

Not usually my flaw, but it sure was today, :(

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
My inability to just step up to ball and hit it. Analysis paralysis

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Course management. I cant even begin to count all the times I have hit a shot and immediately thought, "what the fark was I thinking".
I have however improved at this immensely and this is what I did. I know imagine I am doing a playing lesson for the pros. Before every shot i explain ( in my head of course) to the camera what I am about to do. It has made a world of difference. Doing it in this crazy fashion has helped me consistently remember to do it.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I probably lose the most shots around the green.

Chips left way short kill me. I have been working on it the last part of last year, however, i'm sure i'll have problems again this coming year.

Second is probably ball striking... inconsistency is sometimes a problem for me.

Third would be putting. Especially lag putting and getting them close, although last year was probably my best putting season yet. It was almost like second nature...scared myself a few times.

greatdane

Feb 16, 2011
If I had to narrow it down to a just couple lol.......It would be....

Hitting longer irons fat or chili dippin as we call it! Don't know how many shots Ive just chunked dirt over but its to many....

Also mid to short range putts are "killing me smalls"!!!!

Last but certainly not least is slicing fairway woods! I will hit a strait drive on a par 5 followed by a 3 or 5 wood out of bounds....hate it!

Only thing is I just started playing so I can improve on all these things I hope!

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
My fairway woods. I'm almost to the point where I don't hit them anymore.

My most costly flaw is keeping putts on line. Nothing more demoralizing than missing a bunch of short putts.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Big miss to the left. Costs me a few shots every round it seems. Just shows up at random... trying like hell to get it outta there.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have pretty much taken my fairway woods out of the bag. Not because i can't hit them, but because i just plain never have the situation to use them.

Long par 5's where i could get there in two i just pick a club that will get me the rest of the way in two shots and lay up. The odds of me hitting two OK shots with that iron are far and beyond the odds of me hitting that one perfect shot that would put me on the green in two.

The shortish par 4's that would leave me a half wedge in if i hit my driver, i can usually hit my 5i and leave myself a nice mid/short wedge in...

Really the only time i use them is if i duff it off the tee and need to get it down there off the deck, which i'm not saying that doesn't happen...but they are occurring less and less.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Short putts have been my nemisis the past couple of seasons. I've had round where I can drop everything from 4 FT out to 10 FT out... but miss if I'm inside 2 FT. Nothing more exasperating to have a 2 FT putt for birdie and have the guys say, "Nice par!" and laugh as you call your putter everything but Sweetheart! I worked hard, this winter, in an attempt to ferret out the problem. This past weekend, first time out since the course reopened, I was making the short ones. Same old putter. Different set up over short putts. We'll see if it lasts.

vince410

Feb 9, 2011
the biggest flaw in my game is maintaining my focus on the course. for some reason I get nervous or dont feel comfortable when im on the course. i just need to figure out how to keep my focus

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
My biggest problem is getting to cute with greenside shots, always opting to hit the "wow" shot when a simple chip is all that would be required to get up and down. Also, i find myself going for too many pins when i find trouble, a simple punch would keep par on the table but i 9 times out of 10 try to hit a 30yd draw, which sometimes works out and I find myself set up perfectly for birdie (And an astonding WTF from people im playing against) or I leave it out there and have an awkward 30-40yd pitch from a horrible position.

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
I find 20-80 yard pitch/flop shots are difficult to get close, probably because I don't practice from this range. Give me 100-130 a full swing and I'm bulletproof. Hey Slick watched a program on the golf channel that might help your left hander if your pulling it, in a nut shell too quick with the lower body clearing too far to the left causes your swing plane to shift from down the target line to left of the target line, as soon as he talked and demo'd it I knew thats what was happening to me when I pulled the ball. If you check out the golf channel it's the new instructional guy with the Scottish/English accent

🔥 Latest posts